Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
French Hussars with shako "Roleau" for 1813-1815

Dear Sir (Strelets),

what do you think about waiting French Hussars with Shako "Roleau" for 1813-1815.
A Gap in our French Army Collection...

Bye
Thomas

Re: French Hussars with shako "Roleau" for 1813-1815

Great idea! Personally I'd prefer "at the ready" or advancing/slow trot, but I think all of these would sell well and why not produce two or three sets covering different poses (as with the WoSS French dragoons)?
And while we're talking of waiting poses, what about dismounted waiting cavalry as such? Horses and men are seperate on the sprues anyways, so why not produce standing horses and standing/loitering riders?

Speaking of late Napoleonic French hussars waiting. There is an interesting drawing of a review of cavalry in the Musée National at Malmaison (attributed to Duplessis-Bertaux). Could show a regiment of hussars (?) with shakos-rouleaux, probably to be dated c.1814 +/-. Petty that they don't offer a high quality picture.

https://en.musees-nationaux-malmaison.fr/phototheque/oeuvres/jean-duplessis-bertaux_revue-de-cavalerie_mine-de-plomb

Nice pictures of an officer and troopers of the 5th Hussars wearing the shako-rouleau, dated 1813.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismond_du_Pouget_de_Nadaillac

Thomas Mischak
Dear Sir (Strelets),

what do you think about waiting French Hussars with Shako "Roleau" for 1813-1815.

Bye
Thomas
Yes, certainly a 'gap' in the range of Napoleonic cavalry produced to date in 1/72 plastic. If such a set were to be produced ('in advance', with good headgear and pelisses worn as jackets, not slung - excepting a couple of elite company/officer figures) then I'd gladly buy several sets.

Minuteman
Thomas Mischak
Dear Sir (Strelets),

what do you think about waiting French Hussars with Shako \"Roleau\" for 1813-1815.

Bye
Thomas
Yes, certainly a 'gap' in the range of Napoleonic cavalry produced to date in 1/72 plastic. If such a set were to be produced ('in advance', with good headgear and pelisses worn as jackets, not slung - excepting a couple of elite company/officer figures) then I'd gladly buy several sets.
I 100% would love to see some late war French Hussars with correct headgear.
I too would prefer either waiting (perhaps title should be "in position"), but ready with sabres drawn or indeed in advance at walk/trot again with sabres drawn

However.....no flags please and can someone else do the horses please?!! The Napoleonic horses really do let down what sculpting has gone into the troopers themselves.
Unless current sculptor is going to practice sculpting them, before taking on cavalry again?!!!

With Strelets sculpting qualities at present, perhaps not yet so with the horses, it is about time that the hussars of every nation would get some attention. The only decent hussarset, also less so for the horses, is Italeri's early lot. It is surprising how very few sets of these extravagant troops have been produced in plastic. I am looking forward to the release of the Russian hussars. I will probably try to convert the flag into another lance. I do hope future light cavalry sets are produced without flag or with a proper cavalry flag. Better still, I wouldn't mind bare poles to which I can attach a cavalry flag or convert it to a lance if the set is appropriate for lancers. Strelets has come a long way. For years Hat was the leading manufacturer. Now the tables have turned and other companies best follow Strelets if they don't want to be left out. Horses, especially in action, by the way, seem to be difficult with most manufacturers. If only the horses of the WSS could be copied, albeit with proper gear, for the Napoleonic cavalry sets, I for one would be a happy camper.

Dear Colleagues,

thank you for your comments and support.

Now, Strelets, it´s your part...

Bye
Thomas

I would be happy to get Hussars in chapeaux roleau in whatever format Strelets cared to make them.

Personally I would prefer figures galloping around like maniacs but I am aware that most people want them standing about looking pretty with sabres resting on their shoulder.

For my own uses, i would indeed like the hussars "maintaining position" with sabres drawn, as I want to do the 7th holding the flank at Waterloo facing towards the Prussians. Think Line Chasseurs would be good portrayed holding position like this too.

But for French cavalry "galloping around like maniacs", id love to see late war Line Dragoons doing exactly this!!!

Line lancers id have doing both!! 😁

As for looking "pretty"..they can resemble David Beckham, Boris Johnson or fierce and grisly like Clint Eastwood for all I care!!!