Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: IJA Infantry in Defence masters

Taisho type 11 machine gun I think.

its funny the type 11 is known by a few names it was designed by kiliro nambu called taisho after the emperor also called just type 11. 1922. nambu. or taisho,

Nice action figures.
Thank you Strelets.

Nice figures...
Far East...
WW2...
...hope some Chinese items and the 14th (the forgotten) army will follow!!!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10289938/

A good looking set, and if other Japanese Infantry sets are planned then these will no doubt mix well with these figures. Interesting that nearly all the soldiers here are wearing helmets. Many other WW2 Japanese infantry sets have a mix of helmets and caps. Nothing wrong with either, although let's bear in mind that as the war went on Japanese soldiers often became less uniform, owing to supply issues etc.

There are a lot of really nice looking figures here. The prone and kneeling figures look better to me than most existing ones, and (of course) these would be the most common positions for soldiers "in defense". The one unconvincing pose -- the kneeling LMG guy -- looks like he could be easily converted to Alan's missing HMG number 2. Just cut off the poorly done LMG and stick an ammo strip in his hands.

John Simmons
There are a lot of really nice looking figures here. The prone and kneeling figures look better to me than most existing ones, and (of course) these would be the most common positions for soldiers "in defense". The one unconvincing pose -- the kneeling LMG guy -- looks like he could be easily converted to Alan's missing HMG number 2. Just cut off the poorly done LMG and stick an ammo strip in his hands.
Actually, I like the kneeling LMG guy. A pose both original and natural in my eyes.

It is rather the standing submachine gunner that does not convince me, his stance reminding of the old Matchbox German pose.

Agreed about these being another nicely sculpted set. And a No2 machine gunner would indeed be nice given there are several MGs in this set. Maybe some ammo can be added to one of the crouching poses.

I am deeply sorry. The link I mentioned above, is about a "have to be forgotten" army (the one consisting of Indian prisoners who fought alongside the Japanese Imperial Army) and not the real 14th army. Of course as a true admirer of the British war effort I am referring to the W. Slim's 14th army!!!

With great expectation we await the release of these new figures.
We would like to one day see a Japanese figure released of an infantryman arming a hand grenade by striking it against his helmet. Also, a still standing figure firing a Nambu lmg from the hip.

Very nice, accurate figures. Well chosen poses, nicely executed. Now we need some U.S. Marine
figures. I would especially like to see Marine artillery, mortars and heavy machine guns.

WW2 jap's figures are always welcome, especially when so well done.
BUT i was wondering what happened to, if I'm not wrong, a set that would depict WW2 jap's in WINTER DRESS.....great for China, Manchuria, Kuril islands....