Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who knows what tomorrow will bring....?

Well Mr Strelets for a start...:wink:

Re: Who knows what tomorrow will bring....?

I am blissfully hoping for something completely out of the blue and different. So not Nappys or 20th Century. I would settle for more WoSS though, although would not characterize it as "out of the blue."

Timidly I hope to continue the topic of WoSS ...

Dear Sirs,

for those, who will make it home after a hard week

it will bring a pause to re-load the guns

and have a fag

before walking the walk thereafter.

Have a nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets

Dear Strelets,

Another Friday and more beautiful masters from you. Great to see more of those élite hussars and the War of Spanish Succession figs look really interesting.

Methinks perhaps that we’ll see all of the masters of the former over the course of next week?

Thanks for your continued top work and output.

Regards, James

Almost every week brings intrigue and mystery as we see more figures from the Strelets sculptors. The Hussars/Chasseurs are looking good, and the chap with the cigar is quite a character...as is the marching WoSS musketeer with his clay pipe. As others have noted though, the Hussars set surely cannot be released unless the figures have sabres, sheathed or otherwise.

Just two notes of caution:

1: head size with these WoSS figures seems to be slowly growing...please keep those heads and hats 'under control'. It may be the way the figures are photographed, but I noticed this also with a couple of the new artillery figures.

2: "When I were a lad" in the 1970s at least 50% of the adult UK population smoked, and so did a similar (or larger) proportion of teenagers. Tobacconist shops were everywhere and in larger cities you could venture into a plush 'gentleman's tobacconist's and buy expensive cigars, magnificent pipes, deluxe cigarettes and just about anything else you needed to help your smoking habit. I even had a clay pipe in my early 20s, and a habit for Rizlas!

The message: Please Strelets, with all these plastic soldiers smoking, don't influence all us 50s and 60s year olds to take up the habit again...puff, puff!!!:grin:

Have a good weekend.

Ok I am sold, that guy with the pipe is very impressive! :smiley:

Nice selection of up coming sets, oh no there is no Desert figures something has gone wrong can you help our sandy friends have a great day as well Mr strelets. :smile:

Nice! I just hope the Hussars haven't discarded their sabres. From this angle I can't see any. If they're there they might be a bit short or high up the hip.

I cant see any sign of sabres either, not on these hussar pictures anyway. If they are indeed missing.....ah well, not really much to say that hasnt already been said with the other recent Napoleonic sets.
Hopefully they are there somewhere.

WSS figures look great however.

Nothing Byzanty then. Hoping to develop a tag a la Alan's "deserty" refrain.

The chap marching and smoking is very good, no deserty stuff and that is a shame,maybe next week.

I agree we all now know that smoking kills but I am sure that poor hussar would rather go into battle with a razor sharp sabre in his hand rather than reaching for his tobacco.

We all know what happened to that Scots Grey officer who tried to save his snuff from those pesky French lancers at Waterloo.

Please give us Hussars at the ready or trotting into battle and keep these lovely poses for a camp accessories set like your very first sets, which is very hard to get hold off now

bfn
Allan

Allan from Glasgow
I agree we all now know that smoking kills but I am sure that poor hussar would rather go into battle with a razor sharp sabre in his hand rather than reaching for his tobacco.

We all know what happened to that Scots Grey officer who tried to save his snuff from those pesky French lancers at Waterloo.

Please give us Hussars at the ready or trotting into battle and keep these lovely poses for a camp accessories set like your very first sets, which is very hard to get hold off now

bfn
Allan
What he said!! 😁

Nice figures.
Hope to see more of the new Japanese set you have been working on.

Really nice items (for Philip Morris, just joking :smile: ) , but some ww2 Chinese army, Byzantines, Gallipoli ANZAC and Turks, WWI Italians etc, would make some difference (next time maybe...)