Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Collectable Strelets sets

My best was bidding 40.00 for an Airfix box of Astronauts on Evilbay lost winning bid 52.00 A year later re released for 3.99.

Evilbay!! Haha I like that!!!

Think I sold a set of Hat Napoleonic Swedish Infantry too that went for more than I originally paid. Didnt hang on to them as I wasnt a fan of the style of them...or the plastic.
They didnt sell anywhere near what the Zvezda Hussars did, but think it was still at least double.

Guess if you want something bad enough!

I searched high and low for the original dismounted Boers that Strelets released and kept drawing a blank, luckily they re-released them and I snapped them up. A few years ago I promised myself to buy stuff when it came out even if I had no immediate plans for it but the flood of sets was so vast that I couldn't afford to. Don't generally think about the later value of sets, except I did put aside a box each of Orion's Boxers and Vikings with the bonus figures which are mint in box. Not that I've looked to see if they are in demand or not.

I dont buy sets with the thought of what they will be worth later either. I buy them for one purpose.....to use them!!! Im not a collector per say. Instead I paint them up ready for when I build a diorama.

I just got lucky on ebay. Had some sets that didnt really need, so rather than let them collect dust I put them on there thinking somebody might want them.....and boy they sure did!!!