Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FRIDAY TODAY, ISN'T IT !!!

Please, dear strelets, give us something from the 20th century!!!
Chinese troops of ww2 perhaps??

Many many thanks, anyway!!!

Re: FRIDAY TODAY, ISN'T IT !!!

Hear Hear!
My thoughts exactly as I'm finishing reworking my 8th Army and wondering about the Afrika Korps!
As a logical (I hope) progression, I've had thoughts about 8th Army and Allies, even enemies for the Italian campaign.
Beyond that how NW Europe Yes, I know about the endless hordes of Germans, and even a fair assortment of British and Allied troops.
However, as with 8th Army and especially Afrika Korps, I find various shortcomings with available sets, and even some out of production sets. Airfix very disappointing with a lack of heavy weapons, Matchbox too small, Revell out of production, Atlantic long gone and never very good - perhaps I shouldn't go on.
I'd ideally like to see comprehensive sets of infantry, backed up by heavy weapons sets, and HQ units etc.
Many possibilities inadequately covered - so far! I live in hopes, but sadly I'm not getting any younger, and the budget is getting tighter.
Stay safe folks
Richard

Richard, could not agree more!!!
Yes to all....

I have enjoyed a few great Napoleonic sets recently so I am happy for Mr strelets to pick his favourite era of the moment.

My interest for today is exclusively WSS...

Hear hear, for deserty sets...

Valentin
My interest for today is exclusively WSS...
Me too...

Mr strelets is playing hard to get today or has he run out of new sets to show us,

The day is drawing to a close and no sign of any eye candy from Mr Strelets. Maybe I will drift in to sleep much later after much sobbing and with my pillow damp from my tears. A shattered and broken soul.

Dear Marco,

may we congratulate you with your birthday of not long ago (it was yesterday, wasn't it?).
Not everybody can stay vertical to the end of such a nice day:

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Marco,

may we congratulate you with your birthday of not long ago (it was yesterday, wasn't it?).
Not everybody can stay vertical to the end of such a nice day:

Best regards,

Strelets
Many thanks Strelets from the deep of my heart... sounds good every master.

Favourite era you said?

Have a nice week-end!
Regards,

Strelets

Another great sculpt of a hussar there.
Alas another chap busy with his pipe so another "at ease" type set in the pipeline (excuse the pun!).

I will however continue to cross my fingers & hope for Napoleonic cavalry sets that are somewhat more "battle ready".

Well, that should keep most people happy.

Maybe I might be a little happier if there was a camel :(

I guess nobody wants any RCW Makhnovists or War of 1812 Canadians or Americans. Oh well...

Hi
you're not alone in wanting more 1812 sets, more Indians, etc.
Some lesser known conflicts and niche sets might keep me going............
Stay safe folks
Richard

You guessed wrong, I'd love some Makhnovites. Not a fan of the early 19th century but the one war that I might want to dabble in is the 1812. Strelets did start with a few sets but never really completed it, perhaps not a big seller.

Dear Strelets,

You are marvellous. Marios asked for something 20th century and you delivered in spades, in the form of 'industrial-scale production' and over a range of periods.

Those élite hussars/chasseurs will be great (esp. if his mates are as fine looking as this sample), full of novel poses and suitable for a lot of units & uses. My bias/preference is for boots rather than overalls, but I can always easily simply paint them in, perhaps with a bit of knife-work to produce a boot line.

Regards, James

Thank you now I can sleep.

Many many thanks Mr Strelets!!!

Great pictures something for everyone, like buses you don't see any all day & then four come along at once thanks Mr Strelets.
I can see that once again its going to be a expensive year the wife wont be happy.:laughing:

Holy cow!!!
DAK is superlative, at last without silly shorts...I dream about more of them in combat or action
Congrats Strelets!!!

Hi Erik and all
the Afrika Korps long boots suggest early desert war. What's silly about shorts? If ever summer gets here I'll be looking out my old shorts even though I'm not a hot weather person!
Following on from earlier posts, to sum I'd ideally like to see comprehensive sets of WW1 WW2 infantry, without the useless, to me anyway, poses such as bayonneting, just grenades, wounded, workmen etc, perhaps multiple sets as Strelets have done for other conflicts or am being too greedy?
Logically, I'd love to see comprehensive heavy weapons sets, perhaps even with lesser known and used
weapons. Then to put icing on the cake, how about HQ command and communications sets?
Hat used to do a similar format for WW1 and other conflicts but I don't what, if anything is going on there - they seem to have ground to a halt!
Of course, we all have our favourite periods and conflicts etc and there's only so much Strelets can do. However, variety is the spice of life, and hopefully we can all see at least some of what we want. So much to do and so little time!
For myself, I'm looking forward to the Goumiers and Afrika Korps, hopefully in the not too distant future - I'm looking at 67 - ghastly thought - and time is no longer on my side!!
Well stay safe folks
Richard

Lots of interesting things going on here, well done Strelets!

Have a good weekend:relaxed:

Simply brilliant! I am of course more ancient/medieval focused, but one company can only do so much. These masters are fascinating, well done! :sunglasses:

Well done, the four desert figures are really good, can`t wait to see more.

Nice selection, not exactly my bag but I'm pleased for those whose interests have been catered for. Might be interested in the Goumiers but bit concerned about the helmets. They look too deep and narrow brimmed to me. When it comes to deserty stuff what I really want to see is some decent Italians, not at all properly covered by existing sets. Coming away from the desert, I cannot believe that we still do not have one set of 1940 BEF bearing in mind how obscure some of the WW2 subjects are that have been covered in recent years. Come on Strelets one box would do it, although I would love to see British motorbikes with their unique sidecars and single cylinder machines. One of my favourite figures of all time is the Airfix John R that came with several of their kits.

agree can not wait for someone to do bef 1940 a big hole but happy with any early years allied forces ww2 or ww1

I do like the DAK troops which are different from the usual SS and panzer grenadiers churned out by the so many companies. They do look different in style from other DAK sets previously produced.

I too am amazed that BEF 1939-41 and Vichy French (for that matter) have been totally ignored by plastic manufacturers in 40+ figure format. Lets hope they are considered soon.

As for early 19th century the Invasion of Canada (not just the Battle of New Orleans please!!!!!) would make an interesting change from all those central European Germanic principalities.
Naval amphibious troops were used in large numbers -both sailors and marines in this conflict would be something different.

thats cool i think a naval landing party were a important part of warfare in the 19th and early part of the 20th century royal marines french marines and royal naval division 1914 or marines 1805 to 1812 comes to mind