Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bonus farmer figure for future British set

Rather than hi-jack the "Country Folk/Farmers" thread below, I'll place this here:

Talk of farmers in the thread below has reminded me that I think it would be great if any future set of Napoleonic British might contain a bonus figure of Farmer George (AKA King George III):

I'd like to see him depicted in his country clothes, talking to a tree, or perhaps to his kangaroo. Come on Strelets. You've done figures of Tsar Alexander and King Frederick-William III, surely you should do Farmer George?

For the record, I'm not being facetious, I think George III's interests in agriculture, science, the workings of the army and the working life of the country are a credit to him.

Now, for facetiousness, We have to acknowlege that much of the Napoleonic Era coincided with The Regency in Britain, so perhaps we also need a figure of Prinny? I believe this is the classsic image of him:

Princess Caroline of Brunswick and The Duchess of Richmond would be good ideas for female figures:

Coming to think of it should we have a figure of Josephine?

Re: Bonus farmer figure for future British set

King George would be hilarious! Not just for Napoleonic, but I am imagining how the AWI figures would react to his plastic presence. :joy:

More personalities in general would be cool. I do think a big old "Personalities of the Ages" mixed mounted/dismounted set or something like that which relates to the sets Strelets have already produced would sell pretty well. You could have Gaius Julius Caesar, Labienus, Pompey, Trajan, Decebalus (the main Dacian leader historiography knows of), William of Normandy, King Harold Godwinson, King Louis XIV, Duke of Marlborough, Wellington, General Kutuzov, Josephine, etc., etc. (sorry I did not check all of the spellings). I think the old Great Northern War sets of Russians and Swedes which include all of the character figures were so spectacular for this very reason; sets really bring history to life when you can identify representations of individual people.

The King, God bless him.

TheBabylonian109
King George would be hilarious! Not just for Napoleonic, but I am imagining how the AWI figures would react to his plastic presence. :joy:

Many Americans seem to have an odd view of British royalty.

In Alaska, a few years ago, one American asked me if I worried much about the Queen sending her Guard to arrest me if I spoke critically of the Crown. Seriously.

King George III would properly be depicted as a benign old gent, in a general's uniform. His son, the dissolute Prince Regent was certainly corpulent but I wouldn't confuse the Punch cartoons depicting him in his cups as entirely accurate.

The equivalent would be imaging George Washington going into battle waving his false teeth in his hands, wearing a crown & with his beloved Pommeranian perched on his shoulder.

So accuracy rather than caricature, please.

donald

Re: The King, God bless him.

Yea that particular King George is often vilified in the different USA education systems, portrayed as a crazy absolute monarch who had no idea what he was doing. Seems a bit harsh considering how long he reigned and all the stuff the people and monarchy of the isles went through during those years, but suppose the ex-Colonials are bound to have a different take on these things.

Re: The King, God bless him.

Paintdog
Many Americans seem to have an odd view of British royalty.

In Alaska, a few years ago, one American asked me if I worried much about the Queen sending her Guard to arrest me if I spoke critically of the Crown. Seriously.
:laughing: If that were the case, Fleet Street would be so crammed with Guardsmen that you wouldn't be able to walk down it.