Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WSS Regiment de Beauce contribution

Superb work!

Some very good conversions in that lot.

Dear Sansovino,

Just adding to the compliments. Excellent presentation of a firing line with lots of 'action' and plenty going on in the background!!

Regards, James

A very realistic looking firing line with the casualties and walking wounded.

And very nice painting of an interesting looking unit. Grey and red is an unusual combination but they still look rather splendid.

This is a splendid addition to the contributions section and almost make me reach for the frock coat and wig, ( for a bit of method painting).
In addition to the realistic firing line I was quite taken with the backdrop of smoke and gun flashes.
Thank you for sharing.

Thanks all for yours friendly comments which I presume very precious because I have seen already the very well painted armies from some of yours.
I believe that most of the french regiments wore light grey uniforms and not white till the end of WSS, The grey of my first regiment became unfortunatly a little bit darker as intented.

the conversions were made with all existing french infantry sets of Strelets - also with these which had too short musquets which were substitute with cut plastic broomsticks.

The dead or lying ones are mostly made with greenstuff: at first an imprint of a Strelets figure in a bluestuff-mold which than were filled with greenstuff. Sometimes arms and legs were still changed to create more variety.

The walking conversions were made directly with existing Strelets figures .... and partly greenstuff substitute- or supplement-parts. The most difficult part was here the very hard plastic material of Strelets which made cuts and changes very labor intensive.

And Minuteman you are absolutly right that these figures are the first ones for my bigger Blenheim-diorama-project .... which will need still much time to paint and build. I was speechless when I saw your already well painted big army. I wish that I would have painted already a third of them.

sansovino

And Minuteman you are absolutly right that these figures are the first ones for my bigger Blenheim-diorama-project .... which will need still much time to paint and build. I was speechless when I saw your already well painted big army. I wish that I would have painted already a third of them.
Very interesting information on the way you have been creating your conversions and casualty figures. Thank you Sansovino.

Your Blenheim diorama sounds like a substantial and long-term project. I will certainly be interested to hear and see how this progresses, as will many others both here and at Bennos. Good luck with this project!

Almost all of my painting hours are spent on WoSS units at present, so I have been able to post quite a lot of these on the Bennos Forum in the last month or two. I hope to be able to complete some of Marlborough's army soon and will be posting pictures of these when I have enough units to make it interesting.