Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "nobody has done the heavy cavalry"

Hes is a little bit odd in anatomy, but not as bad as the Plastic Soldier Company figures...they look like something from Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter!!!

Re: "nobody has done the heavy cavalry"

Strelets
THAT heavy? :slightly_smiling_face:
William III?

Re: Dutch Troops

Hat initially issued a Dutch infantry set, which had some nice poses,but needed to improve. They made the great decision to redo the set. Coincidentally I got both sets(not knowing there were two versions) and have been using them side by side. It is an idea for manufacturers to redo their early sets(which usually have some quality issues) and release the newly reworked sets, especially for the most popular eras. I am a.o.thinking of the French dragoons and cuirassiers both in summer and winter gear, as well as the minisets of the guard chasseurs and the Russian grenadiers by your company.

As an after thought, the artillery set was by Waterloo 1815. I replaced the guns with French and British models.

Put me down for remade French Cuirassiers for sure!!
I have a soft spot for those old cavalry sets. I always liked the pose where a horse was falling and the rider was going flying. Just a simple nod to the reality of war.

I didnt know Hat redid the Waterloo Dutch Infantry?! Have to investigate that one as that would be great. The firing kneeling figure always seemed awkward to me in that set compared to his standing comrade.

Can't speak for other eras but definitely no plastic WWII Dutch. I would buy such a set without hesitation.

Graham Korn
Can't speak for other eras but definitely no plastic WWII Dutch. I would buy such a set without hesitation.
I agree with you Graham. The set from Caesar never materialized, so the door is wide open for someone to make some WW2 Dutch and finally fill that gap.

I fully agree. Yes Strelets please fulfill a longtime dream: Dutch WW2 to fight in Europe and against the Japanese. Fill this gap and then Norwegian army for WW2
:

yes all for allied early war.but 1st choice would be the bef 1939.1940 dutch cool but only at war for 4 days in zealand they held out to the 17th 7 days norwegians .belgians greeks knli would be better but happy with any to tell the truth,just think bef would be a better seller but thats just me

Hi
see Early War Miniatures earlier post for Dutch Army of 1940 in 20mm metal and many more lesser nations and conflicts if this is of any interest and use to you.
Best regards
Richard

Greeks would be great and also Chinese forces from 1931 onwards. If anyone is interested you should look up the Greek campaign on Kings and Generals on youtube.

I would be very greatfull for any (ALL) the Dutch, Belgium forces to be done by Stretlets.
Please make the sculpter do his historical homework before they start.
P.S. can we please have some more Brunswickers aswell?? E.g. on tge march, in attack etc??
Many thaks Phil

Yes it would be great to see some Nap Netherlands sets. The Heavy Cavalry Carabiniers and the Hussars definately.
As for Brunswickers, I'd love to see a set of them in square.

As for who is in charge of research, not sure if its the sculpter or a member(s) of Strelets team.