Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Battle of Resaena diorama

I too can only add that its simply fantasic!!!

It's always good to see some Ancients in action. The quality of the diorama was a bonus!

I'll admit to having had to Google the battle to find out what the diorama was about. Fascinating.

donald

Great diorama - not often you see the third century in the East

What box if Roman figures have you used?

I used set 2 auxiliaries and advancing auxiliaries, then modified by adding leather bracelets and leg straps, all replicating the reconstructions made by historical illustrators.

Many thanks Alberto

Molto bello questo diorama. Ottimo lavoro. Bravo !!!

Finally a good diorama about the 3rd century period involving roman troops against some of the most fearful enemies of that age. A very sad fact is that there are too many trajanic legionaries and auxiliaries, but there are no sets at all that cover the 3rd century roman legions. What a pity.

Alberto - Beautiful diorama! Of all the producers, Strelets Romans are my favorites. You took already great looking figures and made them look even better! I really like your shields. Thank you for sharing this Friday.

Hagen offers a few 3rd century Roman sets in metal ...

https://www.hagen-miniatures.de/Testkategorie-21/figuren-40/antike/voelkerwanderung/

Yes I have painted 150 of the Hagen Romans into 5 units. Got shield transfers reduced to size from Little Big Man Studio. Also mixed them with the latest Palmyra coif infantry

However it is good to have more variety - that’s why I am also really keen on Alberto’s work

What a fabulous contribution! Full of action and beautifully painted.

I really like the dynamic fighting poses of those Strelets auxiliaries but your painting makes them look even more alive and menacing. Love it. :heart_eyes: