Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anticipation of Friday

Great detail and a good looking pair of lancers/uhlans.

However.... it is just as easy to employ the skills of this excellent sculptor to make cavalrymen in action, or at least advancing. I might buy one set of these if they are 'at ease', but might buy 3 or 4 sets if they were in a more active mode. The same goes for any other Napoleonic cavalry set.

Will also be interesting to see the horses.

Happy Wednesday/Thursday:grinning:

Very nice sculpts as is pleasingly becoming normal!! Look forward to more on Friday!

As for cavalry in more "battlefield suitable" poses, I have to agree. "At ease" sets such as your Uhlans are ok as they can still be used for troopers stood ready/on standby for the order to attack.
Your Prussian Dragoons & Hussars were however more disappointing as there was just too much fidgiting around with carbines etc. These were predominently picket duty weapons or when out scouting/on patrol.
Sabres drawn, resting on right shoulders would of probably been a better choice, for a more static set, so please bare this in mind for future cavalry sets where the sabre is the primary weapon. Such figures can then be arranged standing static...but ready, on a battlefield.

Maybe put poses who are relaxed or "at ease" in a cavalry set thats "on the march" instead? At least such a set could be used for cavalry out on patrol or on their way to the battlefield.

As for all out action cavalry sets, maybe poses of troopers slashing down at infantrymen or troopers clashing sabres with another enemy trooper would be a nice change from the usual dramatic charging poses? After all, so many cavalry sets on the market simply charging off somewhere, but nothing for when they actually get to what they're charging at!!!!

Dear Strelets,

Friday on Thursday; wonderful. Even more so when the theme is Napoleonics!

Lovely sculpting and I really like the variety of poses/subjects of the 'Strelets' touch'.

Regards,

James

p.s. The general style of the uniform and plume suggests Russian, but the presence of fringes on the epaulettes on the right shoulder only has me wondering what they are. My sources have Russians with no fringes (or fringes on both sides), Poles both or shoulder straps only, Austrians none, Prussians not in that style of kurta. I thought that officers with fringes to one epaulette was generally on the left? Interesting. No doubt another gap in my knowledge/information.

Great looking figures once again, keep it up.

I have to say that I also like more active figures for cavalry sets; but, on the other hand, I also quite like converting figures.

MARIOS KONTOGIANNIS
The rider on the right, seems to me like Putin's grand grand father...
Well spotted. If anyone wants to convert a Putin figure in the future we know exactly where to get the head.:+1:

Alan Buckingham
They do not look at all deserty
Ah but Alan, Czapkas are cool ANYWHERE!:sunglasses:

Just joking, hope you get your desert fix tomorrow.

I for one think the standing horses & riders is a great idea we have many sets that are charging I hope that streets do British versions soon.
The Prussian sets were great with only the average horses letting them down. I hope the new horses are as nice as the the ones seen on the sets for the curly Wurly wig brigade.

Steve H
I for one think the standing horses & riders is a great idea we have many sets that are charging I hope that streets do British versions soon.
The Prussian sets were great with only the average horses letting them down. I hope the new horses are as nice as the the ones seen on the sets for the curly Wurly wig brigade.
Dont get me wrong Steve, I like the idea of static/standing cavalry sets rather than simply in the usual "hollywood charge" too, but I just think it would be better if such sets were more "at the ready" than at ease.
So as I said, sabres drawn, awaiting the order to charge & perhaps other sets advancing at a walk or trot. Just not figures that are mostly playing around with carbines.
As I mentioned before, the Uhlans/lancer sets are fine as they still work for standing at ready to advance/charge. As im sure these new figures will.
Action sets could be as I described above....in the heat of the action rather than just charging. Poses that are more in the thick of it, clashing sabres against enemy cavalry and slashing down at unfortunate infantrymen. This would be a true "action" set and ambitious as theres not been anything like it to my knowledge.

The horses definately need to be a lot better than the existing Prussian ones though. They waste the excellent trooper figures.

Brunswick's hulans...i think...
Good masters.

Dear Marco,

Thanks for that suggestion. I did not consider Brunswick.

The information that I have has them with shoulder straps only and no fringes, a uniform based on Austrian uhlans, whether 1809 or Waterloo?

Certainly an easy conversion to represent them thus and, as you note, lovely masters!

Regards, James

I too am starting to think they may indeed be Austrian or Brunswick. Im not sure about the epaulette either but at least that can be removed with a scalpel/file. Really nice troopers anyway.

Dear Strelets,

Please could you tell us, which uhlans you have in mind when you put only one epaulette on one shoulder?

Thanks a lot in advance an have a nice weekend

Re: Anticipation of Friday- French Guard Lancers??

Mr Schmitt
Dear Strelets,

Please could you tell us, which uhlans you have in mind when you put only one epaulette on one shoulder?

Thanks a lot in advance an have a nice weekend
http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/detail_uniformes_uniteFR.php?nom=1er%20Escadron%20du%20R%C3%A9giment%20de%20Chevaux-L%C3%A9gers%20Lanciers%20de%20la%20Garde&rubrique=U&uniformes=81&drapeau=

Re: Anticipation of Friday- French Guard Lancers??

Hmm.....possibly Minuteman. Although they still dont look quite right for those guys

Dunno, im still thinking Austrians but epaulette has got me confused. Ive seen late war Austrian Uhlans with it, but the bottom of the tunic on the masters is that of earlier in the war, when I think they didnt have epaulettes. Problem is different sources show different things. Especially watercolour artworks.
Are they something like the 2nd Prince Schwarzenberg Uhlans??

Guess we will find out eventually!