Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Napoleonic feast

Dear Strelets,

It's a Napoleonic week with the preview of the Russians shouldering arms too. These look really good and will be useful in the mix with those sets already released.

Thank you very much.

Broken record time: I'll make a plug again for a replacement for M011!

Regards, James

Re: Napoleonic feast

Well, can't argue against the quality of the poses as such, which is very fine. And of course, you can't please everyone every time. Diorama builders will probably be VERY pleased with these sets (viz. at rest, standing shoulder arms, at attention etc.) as they will need lots of these guys. After all not everybody is shooting or charging all the time even during a battle. That said, I'm not a diorama builder, I neither have the space nor the patience to paint hundreds of figures just to set up a single battalion, though I admire the work of those who do. So, as all of my little men are wargames based (some 16-30 per battalion etc.), I prefer poses which are somewhat more dynamic (marching, advancing, firing etc.). So this time not much here for me, but perhaps some big guns or cuirassiers for WoSS sometime in the future? Alright, after some deserty stuff in the near future ... :upside_down_face:

Re: Napoleonic feast

James Fisher

Broken record time: I\\\\\\'ll make a plug again for a replacement for M011!

Regards, James
It's a broken record which is worth re-playing James. Massed Russian infantry advancing with fixed bayonets, clad in greatcoats (ie: re-worked or new release M011) are one of those 'must have in substantial numbers' figure options for anyone interested in the later phases of the Napoleonic Wars. I'd certainly buy some!