Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
25th Prussian Line - the Lutzow Freikorps

Dear Strelets,

You have been doing brilliantly with your WSS range but I wonder whether we might tempt you back to have a fresh go at a Napoleonic set? I regularly convert your figures for my Waterloo diorama when the right ones aren't available and recently did this with your new Bavarians, who make excellent Young Guard with a head swap:

In this age of plenty there are still the occasional units that are badly catered for in 1/72. The Lutzow Freikorps is one such. While the Fusilier battalion wore a conventional line uniform, the two musketeer battalions were dressed in black - not dissimilar from the Peninsular Brunswickers, who by 1815 had dispensed with their litewkas.

The only plastic firm to make the Lutzows is Hat, and it's only half a set with four rather limited poses.

Why does this matter? I am now building the row of houses on the high road at the southern end of Plancenoit. If anywhere was the inspiration for Adolf North's famous painting of the battle it is here:

Here are some shots of what I am working on:

I could convert some of your ACW figures:

But how about making a set of Lutzow Freikorps which I know people would love and would sell well? This regiment fought up the southern edge of the village along the row of houses currently under construction on my model. Any help would be gratefully received!

Re: 25th Prussian Line - the Lutzow Freikorps

I too have bought some of those ACW sets to convert to landwehr in more "active" poses. Glad someone else had same idea as i was wondering if it was practical.

As for Lutzows Freikorps, i too would like to see a dedicated set for this distinctive bunch, with the Tyrolean Jager company included.

In fact an expansion on the Hat "50/50" sets would be great. Dutch Militia for example.

Your Bavarians as Young guard troops are fantastic. Great work.
I wouldnt mind seeing a full dress French young guard set though.....theres only so much converting I want to do!!!

Thanks Roger, I hope I can excite some interest from the good people at Strelets!

Roger W
I too have bought some of those ACW sets to convert to landwehr in more "active" poses. Glad someone else had same idea as i was wondering if it was practical.

I applaud both General Picton and Roger for their parallel plans to convert ACW Union infantry in frock coats to Lutzow's Freikorps and/or Prussian Landwehr. I might just borrow this idea. Thanks.

Hi all,
we can use the Luetzower´s for 1813 (Battle in the Goehrde)
and 1815...
Please - STRELETS - a new package with Napoleonic Figures
Bye
Thomas

General Picton, Sire,

the transformation of the Bavarian Infantry into the Young Guard is at first a rather twisted idea. But if you think about it, it's pretty awesome.

The transformation of the ACW-Infantry into Lützower Infantry (in Plancenoit as part of 25. Inf. -Regt.) is also such an ingenious idea that I will remember.

It's really great to see the Plancenoit diorama filling up with troops. It's getting better and better.

There are still so many gaps in the Napoleonic 1:72-troops...

And therefore I can only agree with your wishes:
Lützow-Infanterie from STRELETS would be a great project for the future !!!

PS:
I am also currently working on some conversions of Napoleonic units by STRELETS..... But I don't know if STRELETS would show these conversions on the Contributions page, because they are not the "original" set... :thinking_face:

Maybe I'll show them to you here in Forum.

Dear Gerd and Thomas, glad you like the idea! I hope you will show your Strelets conversions, I'm sure they would be pleased.

I am painting the last two units....

Hope i`m able to make some pictures next week.

PS: Dont use the ACW-flagbearer for Landwehr....because the prussian king has not allowed to give flags to Landwehr-Units...so they DONT HAVE flags !!!
But i think you know this.. :wink:

I'm working on them as Lutzowers - so many heads to cut off and replace!

Yes, it is very arduous work.

How do you connect the new heads to the body of the figure?
Drilling holes, insert wire and then attach with superglue?
That's how I do it most of the time ..

Thats pretty much the way I do it too Gerd.
Sometimes just a hole in the body if head has that extra bit of plastic at bottom of it.

I started a thread yesterday about whether anyone thought Strelets producing small boxes of nothing but spare heads was worthwhile.
I imagine such boxes would be immensely helpful to anyone who likes to do conversions, especially to somebody like the General here.

This is a great idea Roger and thanks for promoting it! I do however note Strelets's silence so far.

Yes, small boxes of nothing but spare heads are a great idea.

Some figures only need a different hat or shako to represent a different regiment. The Prussian army 1813-1815 offers many possibilities for this.

Maybe... :grinning: