Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ugg

Dear Graham,

I liked the look of Ugg when I noticed him over the weekend,, but did not realise that he had been joined by Ogg. They both look great.

They will have a place for me immediately in 'Paleo Diet: Eat or be Eaten'. I plan to try a game with the grandies when we next have them here. I have painted up some unamoured early German ancients figures and some from Airfix's Tazan set to use as members of the hunting party(ies). These from Linear A will supplement/compliment/replace them nicely.

Regards, James

James Fisher
Dear Graham,

I liked the look of Ugg when I noticed him over the weekend,, but did not realise that he had been joined by Ogg. They both look great.

They will have a place for me immediately in 'Paleo Diet: Eat or be Eaten'. I plan to try a game with the grandies when we next have them here. I have painted up some unamoured early German ancients figures and some from Airfix's Tazan set to use as members of the hunting party(ies). These from Linear A will supplement/compliment/replace them nicely.

Regards, James
Goodness James, the prospect of being eaten by the opposition creates a whole new edge to this wargaming hobby...and ups the stakes on winning the game quite a lot I think!!

Only joking...I hope:joy:

Really looking forward to these. Will use them as "Wildlings"

Definately getting these.

Bit disappointed with the lack of action in the poses and the type and number of poses. On stage 3, modelling complete which is only 7 poses including all the double poses. Don't really want 3 lots of a Denisovan and a Neanderthal meeting, even the kill being transported is not particularly useful in multiple copies. Looks like Linear A missed a great opportunity here to produce exciting hunting and camp scenes.

I think you could be right given they produce their figures on small circular sprues, and will probably keep the box dimensions unchanged. I hope that maybe there could be 1-2 single figure poses that we haven't seen yet. But then again, this is "Set 1" which implies another set or two could follow?