Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New 2021 Set Ideas

Obviously everybody has their own interests and I hope people see their hopes realised for me I would like to see some older stuff, namely Dark Age Irish, Picts and Scots who looked very distinct to Britons, Saxons and later on Vikings. Lastly,I really think 12th century Byzantines is a screaming hole in the hobby.

I take no credit for this, but simply add a link to a post from AP a couple of years ago.

(I am keeping my fingers crossed that some more of them might one day appear.)

http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1064781&cmd=show

What about some more smaller nations of ww2 ?

Netherlands and KNIL?
More Hungarians, Rumanians, Bulgars, Greek, Yugoslavians (Summer, artillery and so on).
More heavy equipment? What about Italian heavy weapons (Mortars, Flak guns and so on).

There is plenty interesting stuff to cover properly. :grinning:

WW2 North Africa , Italian 75mm field artillery, 20mm Breda used in AAA,AT and on softer targets , Italian heavy weapons, seated Germans, British and Italians, lots of uses from riding in soft skins to just manning the trench/fox hole. Engineers mine laying/clearing once again for all combatants. Field hospital, medics and casualties all combatants. Africa korps tank crew. Artillery crews British and German. British 4.5 AND 5.5 guns and crews, German 105mm howitzer and Africa korps crew. LRDG manning trucks, road watch, digging out a truck. Rif war, Prone firing loading poses both sides, casualties both sides, FFL mules. Release the big box sets of Normans again. Anglo Saxon shield wall ie kneeling , standing with shield at chest, standing with shield above head, to deal with thrown weapons.

Alan Buckingham
WW2 North Africa , Italian 75mm field artillery, 20mm Breda used in AAA,AT and on softer targets , Italian heavy weapons, seated Germans, British and Italians, lots of uses from riding in soft skins to just manning the trench/fox hole. Engineers mine laying/clearing once again for all combatants. Field hospital, medics and casualties all combatants. Africa korps tank crew. Artillery crews British and German. British 4.5 AND 5.5 guns and crews, German 105mm howitzer and Africa korps crew. LRDG manning trucks, road watch, digging out a truck. Rif war, Prone firing loading poses both sides, casualties both sides, FFL mules. Release the big box sets of Normans again. Anglo Saxon shield wall ie kneeling , standing with shield at chest, standing with shield above head, to deal with thrown weapons.
I make that around 25 new sets and a number of re-releases. I'd support most of these, although I still think that it only takes two chaps to dig a Chevy LRDG truck out of the sand (and one other to rev the engine and make the tea..so hardly a whole box of 'LRDG Digging Out...).

Saxons and Normans? Yes, and even though I don't need to extend my own shield walls any further, others will certainly want to.

Lots of food for thought.

When a Truck got stuck in soft sand, every man in the patrol helped dig it out, or was involved in some way, so twenty two needed :innocent: , although a set split with road watch duties etc would do nicely.

1935-1942 Italians in the desert please

Yes, Italians for North Africa together with Colonial troops (like cavalry from Tripolitania) and Vichy (just 2 sets infantry in action and infantry in guard / parade/ marching will be enough),

All of those are great, plus more British and allied cavalry to contend with this magnificent horde of French cavalry on the horizon. I would still love to see sets for what we refer to here in the States as the French and Indian War, and the American Revolution. So many great subjects possible for those periods, and lots of diorama material if created.

Think the biggest hole in historical Wargaming is the whole of the long time span of the Byzantine Empire

Tony Mather
Think the biggest hole in historical Wargaming is the whole of the long time span of the Byzantine Empire
I agree, a huge hole and one that a manufacturer would need to research extensively and commit to fully in order to try to fill.

It is such an interesting and extended period (I studied it as a University student), but also quite 'difficult' to get to grips with. From a wargaming/modelling viewpoint, loads of potential in 1/72 though.

Yay, wishlist time again... :joy:

Given that Strelets clarified they won't start any new ranges for the time being, we could focus on reasonable expansions of established ones.
There is still a rich variety of potentially worthwhile options for these as well.

Kabinettskriege/Cabinet Wars
Expansion of the outstanding WSS range with French and Imperial/Habsburg subjects (2 long-time key players & opponents), but also distinctive units from other relevant belligerents.
From there, expanding into further Kabinettskriege & specific corresponding subjects.
Ultimately this could hopefully culminate in a long overdue Strelets treatment of the 7YW. :relieved: :smile:
Yeah I know, but I really had to sneak at least one new range in here.

Napoleonics
Continuous upgrade of major 1812-15 opponents (France, Russia, Austria-Hungary & Prussia) with marching, advancing and firing/reloading infantry. In addition, similar upgrade for other significantly involved combatants (Poland, Bavaria, Brunswick, Württemberg).
Cavalry branches for major players in marching poses and artillery in firing and repositioning poses.

WWI, RCW & Interbellum
Western Front
- French early infantry & Zouaves with MG crews
- French early cavalry (Dragoons & Chasseurs)
- German early infantry, MG & light to heavy artillery crews
- German early cavalry (updated Husaren, Ulanen & Dragoner)
- French 1916+ infantry & support weapons
- German 1916+ infantry & support weapons

Eastern Front, Balkans & Italy
- Russian infantry, MG & light/medium artillery crews
- Russian cavalry (updated Regulars & Cossacks)
- Austrian early infantry, MG & light to heavy artillery crews
- Austrian early cavalry (Dragoner, Husaren & Ulanen)
- Serbian early infantry & light/medium artillery crew
- Austrian Gebirgsinfanterie & mountain gun crew
- Alpini mountain gun crew
- Bulgarian early infantry, MG & light artillery crew
- Greek infantry & Evzones

Middle East
- Ottoman infantry, MG & light/medium artillery crews
- Ottoman mountain gun crew
- Ottoman regular & irregular cavalry (diff. headgear options)
- British artillery crew tropical (QF 13-pdr field gun)
- ANZAC infantry, MG & light artillery crew
- Indian infantry, MG & mountain gun crew
- ANZAC Mounted Division & Indian Cavalry Brigade, mounted & dismounted

General & Related
- medium & heavy Trench Mortars/Minenwerfer crews (A.-H., France, Germany & GB)
- French Spahis & Tirailleurs
- Japanese infantry & artillery crew
- Mule trains appropriate for mountain warfare
- Sappers for major belligerents (France, Germany, A.-H., Russia, Ottoman Empire, Italy & GB)
- Russian & German Communists & Spartacists workers/proletarians & sailors revolting
- Russian & German police forces in anti-riot action
- Freikorps 1918-23
- Polish cavalry (Polish–Soviet War 1919-21)
- Makhnovists & other RCW factions
- Monarchs, Political Leaders & prominent characters
- General staff & high-ranking or iconic commanders
- era-characteristic & country-specific Civilians

WWII
Europe 1939-41
- Polish infantry, support weapons & cavalry
- Dutch infantry & support weapons
- early Fallschirmjäger with support weapons
- French infantry, support weapons, light/medium artillery, AA & AT crews
- French cavalry, motorised Dragoons & Chasseurs Alpins
- Norwegian infantry & support weapons
- Greek infantry, support weapons & Mountain Troops
- Yugoslavian regular infantry 1941 & later partisans with mules 1941-45 (worn & mixed uniforms, distinctively yugoslavian)

Mediterranean/North Africa
- Afrika Korps light/medium artillery, AT & AA crews
- Afrika Korps tank & vehicle crews
- Italian light/medium artillery, AT & AA crews tropical
- Commonwealth light/medium artillery, AA & AT crews tropical

Asia & Pacific
- Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces
- Dutch KNIL infantry
- Chinese infantry & support weapons summer/winter (different factions & uniforms)
- Japanese, Chinese & Commonwealth supply/mule trains summer/(winter)
- Japanese & Chinese cavalry/mounted infantry summer/winter
- Commonwealth infantry & support weapons tropical (more distinctive Indian troops e.g.)

General
- Gebirgsjäger, support weapons & light artillery crew summer/winter
- 1939-42 Kradschützen, mounted/dismounted, distinctive gear & poses, summer/winter
- Engineers for major combatants, constructing/building, overcoming obstacles & in combat (satchel charges, wire cutters, mine clearing...)
- Soviet infantry & artillery crews (different uniforms, weapons & climates)
- Italian regular infantry & Bersaglieri rifle squads & support weapons, tropical/moderate
- Romanian infantry, support weapons & cavalry summer/winter
- Hungarian infantry & support weapons summer/winter
- Finnish infantry & support weapons summer/winter (further updates)
- French Colonial Troops (Tirailleurs, Goumiers, Spahis)
- US light/medium artillery crews summer/winter (Pacific/Med & NW Europe)
- marching troops for major combatants and prominent campaigns & battles (worn or fresh grunts loosely marching, not rank and file)
- Civilians covering different european populations, China, SE-Asia & North Africa

... Done for today. :laughing: ...
Before anyone accuses me of being greedy & naive, remember that this is merely a collection of ideas. No one seriously expects Strelets to actually work off this or that wish list in the shortest possible time or something like that.
However, with an output of at least 30 new sets per year, it seems not unrealistic to actually receive some of our suggestions at some point. :sunglasses:

One of the longest lists I have ever seen!! Interesting ideas though, especially anything in the Kabinettskriege box, where Strelets already have some great intentions for 2021 with the additional WoSS sets. And always nice to see a photo of the first Madness album cover ....."One Step Beyond"(or perhaps, more sensibly, One Step At A Time):grinning: