Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'Mainstream sets' v. more unusual subjects

Being no wargamer makes me a bit unusual in general, i think.

Trying to do e.g. Scenes like

- kind of 'real version' of the Trojan War

- Sea Battle of Salamis

- 'Elephant Battle' of Antiochos I.

- Frisians Uprising 28-47 a.d.

- Ban Chaos journey to the Roman Empire

- kind of 'real version' of the Song of Roland

- Battle of Mohi & others like Kalka and Liegnitz

makes me further less mainstream, but nevertheless Strelets & Linear-A help me a lot with their sets.

Sorry, almost no musketeers around me.

Hi Giorgius
I'm glad to see somebody agrees with me!
I too would like to see the 1812 range expanded.
Back to mules which I covered in a previous thread, Early War Miniatures will supply single mules without loads but moulded harness.
Please note that due to Covid they're not presently active, I have an outstanding order, but in normal times they're very good.
Frontline wargaming do some figures, including mounted Japs, and a couple of single Jap and Australian mules and handlers. If you look at various white metal manufacturers you will find some mounted Japs etc.
Hope this helps
Stay safe
Richard

Hi
Would like to add my support and praise for Red Box

Have bought all four of their new French Musketeer sets and converted most of them into English Civil War command figures, including King Charles I and Oliver Cromwell

They are certainly full of character.

Tony

Most "mainstream" conflicts have been covered quite well by now. Most collectors have been in the hobby for decades so their WW2, Napoleonic and Roman armies are already sizeable.

I guess what catches attention nowadays is
a) "mainstream" sets that are vastly superior to existing ones (say: Emhar WW1 U. S.),
b) supplementary sets for "mainstream" conflicts (say: Strelets DAK mortar set),
c) niche units for "mainstream" conflict (say: Strelets Long Range Desert Group),
d) new ranges for huge international conflicts overseen so far (say: Strelets WSS range).

Not to start yet another wishlist but to illustrate the above, ideas could include
a) WW1 Serbians in summer uniforms,
b) WW1 French support weapons,
c) WW2 Greek,
d) Russo-Japanese War of 1904/5; Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45 (the Japanese have been covered rather well but there is just one set for the World's biggest army, the one of China)