Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ops....It' s friday again...

Do you mean the wussies or what ever they are called.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Something for my sandpit would be nice...:grinning:

Sand :wink: fleas?

What about some men with big hats, bandoleros, and zee rifles senor.
And some mules for sister Sarah.

Yeah Murat. Villa rides.Mexican Revolution. Viva Zapata.

Nice week-end, gents!

Faithfully yours,

Strelets

A close up would be even better, I see one of the horses with a bit of character, the pose of the ensign looks interesting.....but no idea who they are.....

"the pose of the ensign looks interesting"

Have you ever considered to enter the diplomatic service? Straightforward as I am I would have said "weird", "twisted"... :innocent:

And thanks to Strelets for deleting my post on the missing stirrups of the horses held by the dismounted dragoon horse holder (that's truly HaT style at its best, congrats... :smile: )... it was just a reminder. Reasonably, you'll pay attention to it ... :kissing:

Handlewithcare
And thanks to Strelets for deleting my post on the missing stirrups of the horses held by the dismounted dragoon horse holder
Your comment re. the stirrups is still there as is my reply to it; I've added another comment to make my first a bit clearer. Perhaps Strelets can have another look too.

Sorry, I've just realized that I had been searching my comment in the wrong thread - so, my mistake, and my apologies to Strelets...

As for your comments - it just doesn't make sense not to include riderless horses in a kit that includes horse holders. And horses without a rider have to be equipped with stirrups. That's obvious, after all, isn't it? Anyone who wants to man the standing horses with riders can simply cut away the stirrups. Nothing easier than that. Conversely, it is virtually impossible to add stirrups if you actually want to use the horses without riders. This should be apparent to everyone.

Handlewithcare
Sorry, I've just realized that I had been searching my comment in the wrong thread - so, my mistake, and my apologies to Strelets...

As for your comments - it just doesn't make sense not to include riderless horses in a kit that includes horse holders. And horses without a rider have to be equipped with stirrups. That's obvious, after all, isn't it? Anyone who wants to man the standing horses with riders can simply cut away the stirrups. Nothing easier than that. Conversely, it is virtually impossible to add stirrups if you actually want to use the horses without riders. This should be apparent to everyone.
I suspect the reasons for no stirrups are, the limitations of the two part mould, and if the were added the mould is limited in future use to just riderless horses. So this is a compromise of practicalities and economics.

Separate pairs of stirrups whose leathers would be provided with tiny pegs that fit into equally tiny holes in the horses' flanks could be a viable solution to the problem. Or, even simpler, the stirrup leathers could be bent at a right angle at their upper ends by the modeller himself, at any length he deemed suitable for his purposes, and put into the holes. Who prefers mounted riders could easily omit the stirrups and tamp the holes - possibly, the holes wouldn't be visible beneath the rider's legs, anyway - , and those who prefer riderless horses would be grateful for having the option to add stirrups. Hardly a lot of extra work for the sculptor, and not likely to cause noteworthy additional expenditure.

Wow and simply great! It´s again a pleasure to see the WSS-range expanding with such wonderful miniatures...

Very nice figures, good looking poses, not quite sure whether the cornet is being wrapped in his own flag, also cannot see whether the troopers have slung carbines, might these be French Line cavalry??Overall very good...Most intriguing, and most satisfactory!!

Have a good weekend! :smile:

I agree with all the previous comments, great sculpting Strelets team , very tempted , but don't really want to start a new period.

Yet more temptation

Stretlets, this is turning into the most comprehensive and best sculpted series ever. Bravo!

Please...We need an "anglereverse" for the standard bearer.

Dear Strelets,

It's cavalry time in the War of Spanish Succession! Plenty of them needed for that period and you are delivering in spades. Not the cuirassiers, so there are even more on the way.

Looks like more fabulous detail on the troopers in this, mainly, at rest set. I always liked the variety of horses that you provide in your cavalry sets of the past and it seems this is continuing in this era.

I'll wait, patiently, for the remaining Russian Napoleonics! Whilst Alan has lots to keep him going in the sandpit, I too have 'a few' to be going on with.

Regards, James

Hello Mr. Strelets and to all,

I have looked very carefully at this set, and it seems to me that they would be the dragons of her British Majesty's Guard. Perhaps be the Blue's guards? ? ? . Moreover I guess on some characters, the tip of a gun barrel. But then again it is possible that this is a false image, a bad view. In any case, I look forward to the arrival of all these sets at the merchants.

I have a question for Mr. Strelets; Do you have an ESTIMATION of publication?

While waiting for your answer, be thanked for these dreams . . . .