Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Norman army 1066 and all that...Strelets ??

No not deserty, but when I looked at the stash, it was the box that called ...Anglo saxons at Hastings 1066, why I did not buy the Normans at the same time has been forgotten in the mists of time, but the army is taking shape, or colour as the case maybe.

Thanx Peter....actually, the Revell ones aren't nowhere anyways....

Welcome Spamish... your Forum name is remarkably like the esteemed 'Spanish Erik' who has posted here many times?

Is Peter the same Peter who is a leading light on Bennos?

Careful what you wish for. I tried to get the big box sets a couple of years ago and in the end I bought them from Germany. As I result I ended up with Hastings 1066, Stamford Bridge, Norman's and Norman Camp. As you aptly put it in previous correspondence Alan, I then put them under the brush.
I duly finished them some time later suffering from extreme invasion fatigue. I must give credit to Paul's Bods for inspiration throughout this traumatic period particularly on the shields.
I have plans to return to Stamford Bridge to reinact the lone Viking berserker once I've got this Arab conflict out of the way. The Strelets figure of The Viking with an arrow through his neck is one of the best of this period

Just today ordered the Vikings from this release, and finishing the bases on my first 70/80 Saxons, shields....I tried, but will win no prizes,but they will do for me. I really do want to try and get the big box set and get everything in one hit, I am in no great rush,but I am kicking myself for not getting it when I bought the Saxons.

Oh yes,

the same problem. I just wasn't able to buy all big box sets at once and then suddenly the norman camp was no longer available to a prize i can spend.