Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Caesar Miniatures

The status of Caesar Miniatures is a bit of a mystery.

The subject was debated last summer on the Bennos Forum, where the initial view ie: that Caesar had folded and stopped production, was then modified to 'we think they may still be alive'....!

There is a Facebook page which appears to be very much up and running:
http://www.minitoysoldier.com/Index.asp

But there is not a website as such for the production company, or so it seems.

Model Hobbies in the UK still carries much of their range, but the overall trend seems to be a big slow down in production and no new sets.

I guess the best advice is to buy the sets you want while you can, and if they are still available.

I don`t think they are gone, but catching breath. The WW2 desert Italians were out of stock everywhere UK, Europe for ages, then suddenly everyone has stock, and a few other long out sets too. So I think the Bennos thread was right, ACTA and others still churn out old sets but produce nothing new, they are for now at least probably doing the same.

Minuteman
The status of Caesar Miniatures is a bit of a mystery.

The subject was debated last summer on the Bennos Forum, where the initial view ie: that Caesar had folded and stopped production, was then modified to \'we think they may still be alive\'....!

There is a Facebook page which appears to be very much up and running:
http://www.minitoysoldier.com/Index.asp

But there is not a website as such for the production company, or so it seems.

Model Hobbies in the UK still carries much of their range, but the overall trend seems to be a big slow down in production and no new sets.

I guess the best advice is to buy the sets you want while you can, and if they are still available.
I tried to buy several sets in their webpage but there no stock - only ancient period. Even the expensive set of British Commandos are all sold.

Re: Caesar Miniatures: Commandos

Dear Guest,

I believe that Drum and Flag in the UK may still have a couple of boxes of the Caesar British Commandos, although I cannot guarantee this. I know that International shipping etc is more expensive and difficult at present in view of the pandemic and following Brexit, but I'm sure that D&F will help if they can.

Thank You Minuteman!

But as I live in Spain - buying in UK is no more attractive for me. For the currency change and also frontier charges due to Brexit.

I found in eBay a French Seller who sells some Caesar sets (amoung them commandos, conquistadors and us infantry ww2 set 2) for 7,90€. This is good price.

Dear Guest

I'm pleased that you have found a source for the Caesar Commandos set. I appreciate that Brexit and the chaos it has caused for trade between the UK and Europe makes buying from UK sources more expensive.

Minuteman

Old Caesar Miniatures website was "dead" for few years (lack of new updates since releasing WWII US Paratroopers set or something like that). Since then they have website, which is mainly webshop. After asking them on Facebook page if CM is alive , they answer that company exists, but this year there won't be a new releases.

Caesar actual website is here: http://www.minitoysoldier.com/

It seems that this firm is finally dead. They have no longer the webpage and the shops are running out of their sets.

It’s very sad that another company gone out of production.

Now we have only: Strelets, Redbox, Orion and Hät + Alliance (for fantasy). Hope to see more interesting sets from these companies soon.
Of course there is Mars, Linear A and Plastic Soldier Company, still making new items. Not to mention Ultima Ratio and some new tiny-items of Zvezda...