Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Antietam

These look great, Chris. I agree with you that the Strelets figures have a lot of potential for real character once they're painted up, certainly moreso than with most previous ACW figures. And we can't really capture the look of the rebel forces without a fair bit of character. Your excellent painting helps to bring that out. I also like to leave some of my rebels barefoot. Shoelessness was a major logistical problem in Lee's army -- though a lot of the farm boys actually preferred going barefoot to wearing shoes. Indeed, as I recall, one of Lee's reasons for choosing to concentrate his forces at Gettysburg -- in his next invasion of the north -- was the shoe factory that was located there.

Re: Antietam

Nearly right - Lee didn't intend to concentrate at Gettysburg but sent a detachment to look for shoes - this ran into a Union detachment and each side sent reinforcements until a major encounter developed. An encounter battle, in a place not originally intended.