Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To Strelets-future Napoleonic cavalry sets

I totally agree with this.

Id buy a fair few boxes of British 1812-1815 Light Dragoons and Hussars if they were made like this.
Do the same for the French Line Cavalry and we really are talking then!!

If some attack sets could be done alongside these as well, then that really would be fantastic.

CPN

So for future cavalry sets in napoleonic, the probable best way to please all of us or nearly could be to have the troopers with swords drawn on their shoulders.
This couLd be the best mixed attitude between action and not in action and would double my investment compare to merely buying one box currently.

Yes, I'd support any Napoleonic cavalry sets with the swords drawn/lances raised position and trotting horses.

The 1812-15 British/KGL cavalry already mentioned, plus French line Lancers, French line Chasseurs, any 1813-15 Prussian cavalry and - in particular - Russian 1812-15 dragoons, would be very enticing.

The same goes for me. I really like the look of cavalry waiting for action in orderly fashion. I espacially like the sight of lancers with their lances upright, pennants fluttering in the breeze and ready for action. And of course officers standing around, looking galant and alert. I would defintely buy several boxes of such a set, espacially if they are french line lancers or line chasseurs a chéval. For me the orderly marching or standing at attention encapsulates the feeling of a napoleonic battle more accurately than all the fighting poses. Of course close combat was part of it, but just standing around and waiting was even more common.