Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Going over to the dark side?

I actually quite like this kind of format. Though I do like the 'old fashioned' way of collecting and assembling armies as well, I also think it is nice to occasionally have a project with clear boundaries and and a fully playable game as an end result. I have been collecting 1 / 72 napoleonic with the goal of building a Black Powder army for a while now. Unfortunately progress is slow, and since I know few people in my area playing historic wargames/ painting historics, I haven't played much yet. Managable projects like the Perry Travel Battle have been great for this reason, as they can be finished in a reasonable amount of time and produce a visually attractive game that can be played with friends (with no need for building landscape elements etc.) The only thing witholding me from buying this are the time period (I am not really into the ACW) and the slightly odd scale. If Warlord would produce a Napoleonic version, however, I would probably be hooked!