Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8th Army Heavy Weapons

Another fine painting job from the prolific Mr Buckingham! If only I could paint at the rate that he does:slightly_smiling_face: I like the bleached look of the uniforms here, and spare a thought for the gunners who sweated away at the trigger of a Vickers or loading a 3 inch mortar in the heat of the desert....let alone the ammo carriers.

This is a fine set with some very useful poses and weapons, which fits nicely alongside many of the 8th Army sets in 1/72. Personally, I would have converted the PIAT man to become the second crew member/loader for the Boys A/T rifle, and mounted the MG and Mortar crews on one base, but this contribution shows the effect of the painted figures well.

Re: 8th Army Heavy Weapons

Hi Alan, excelent work again!
Painting guide required and looking forward for the DAK mortars

Desert sand base coat, and then dry brushed Iraqi sand over it, the webbing etc is Iraqi sand, although looking at these photo`s maybe next time I will use a colour to give greater contrast. More on the way and Strelets have the DAK mortar squad, lots of time this lock down as my fishing locations are locked up too, just in the last few minuets finished the FFL attacking, so may get time to take some photo`s this evening. Cheers gents.

Dear Alan,

As Mark and Erik have noted; splendid painting, yet again.

Regards, James

Hmmm I always have thought that eight's army garments were vallejo's 976 buff, but do not missunderstand me I am far from criticism, love the desert, love the troops and love your work
Cheers