Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WSS-SYW crossover

Imagine my pleasure upon reading the PSR review of the Strelets' WSS French Guard units to discover the uniform was still current for much of the SYW.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/review.aspx?id=2809

Imagine my chagrin to read In Kronoskaf, the units appeared on 1-2 SYW battlefields but never entered combat.

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Chevau-l%C3%A9gers_de_la_Garde

So close. So far.

donald

Re: WSS-SYW crossover

I am imagining your chagrin, donald. :worried:

It does seem that after an active and sometimes fairly glorious War of Spanish Succession, the Maison du Roi cavalry had a less active and far less glorious Seven Years War.

A good set of WoSS 'Light' cavalry ie: line cavalry with hair tied back (not wigs), full coats and suitably equipped would, in my view, provide French cavalry for much of the first half of the 18th century, and could make quite acceptable SYW French line cavalry.

This is the most important and currently still-missing part of the French mounted line-up in the Strelets WoSS range, given that it does now look as if we have some French Dragoons on their way:grin: .

Otherwise, the forthcoming WoSS Garde du Corps set may offer options for French SYW cavalry.

There are also the most interesting Redbox/Orion 1745 cavalry sets on their way in 2021. The Princes Guard/FitzJames Horse may prove to be a winner...but let's see what it looks like.

Strange experience that yesterday the whole WSS topic on horses was deleted without any comment in the forum. Hope it will been an extraordinary exception.

sansovino
Strange experience that yesterday the whole WSS topic on horses was deleted without any comment in the forum. Hope it will been an extraordinary exception.
Yes, I hadn't spotted that. I suppose the point has been made and Haron has picked up on it, so no need to keep it there.

Let us look forward to fit and healthy horses (and people) in 2021!