Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A question of scale

Is this the derivation of " Brush with Death"
Don't tell him Pike !

Now that would be pointless

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
you don't injure yourself when you put your hand on a stand of them.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

You clearly miss the point (pun intended).

I purposely sharpen the end of pikes so that any opponent daring to touch my figures risks impalement.

(just kidding: I take time to file off the sharpness after I create the spear point).

donald

Re: Now that would be pointless

Ah, I feel foolish now. Oh well back to those pesky Vikings !
Paul

Re: Now that would be pointless

Paint dog
Mike Bunkermeister Creek
you don't injure yourself when you put your hand on a stand of them.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

You clearly miss the point (pun intended).

I purposely sharpen the end of pikes so that any opponent daring to touch my figures risks impalement.

(just kidding: I take time to file off the sharpness after I create the spear point).

donald
Weirdly, I recall a cartoon in a very old wargames magazine where the commander of a tabletop phalanx continues to explain an arcane point of the rules, impervious to the fact that his opponent has just impaled his hand on the phalanx!

Also somewhat weirdly (and more seriously), I purchased some 15mm metal figures from a well-known manufacturer a couple of years back where the pikes came as stiff metal (steel?) wire, flattened and sharpened (and that means needle-sharp) to form pikes. Good figures, but properly dangerous miniature pikes. Should have come with a health warning.

Miniatures hazardous to your health

Minuteman
Paint dog
]Weirdly, I recall a cartoon in a very old wargames magazine where the commander of a tabletop phalanx continues to explain an arcane point of the rules, impervious to the fact that his opponent has just impaled his hand on the phalanx!

Also somewhat weirdly (and more seriously), I purchased some 15mm metal figures from a well-known manufacturer a couple of years back where the pikes came as stiff metal (steel?) wire, flattened and sharpened (and that means needle-sharp) to form pikes. Good figures, but properly dangerous miniature pikes. Should have come with a health warning.
Well, that suggests a twist to the topic: see my revised title.

I guess lead figures might be hazardous, though I've never eaten any nor known anyone who has.

How about miniatures so ugly/inaccurate (naming no manufacturers) they caused me heart palpitations?

Any more?

donald