Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FFL 1916 Guns and crews.....

Nice poses, which complement the other FFL arty set well. Good that they are in fatigue dress - more infantry needed like this.

I am a devoted collector of FFL, but, I've never heard of this gun. I thought that most of the Legion at this time was deployed to the Western Front or to Gallipoli. I'm assuming I just paint the figures as shown on the box cover and use them to fight North Africans. Am I correct? Does anyone have a helpful photo or information about this? Do I need to wait for some new Legionnaires, or will those issued so far by Strelets be good.

THX,

Bob

the 37mm gun was used by the french right up to 1940 the legion in 1914 sent half there manpower to france the rest those staying were mainly german and austrians but remained loyal to france hope that helps

I think the 1916 bit means the gun was designed/made in 1916, but this set is 1920/30`s.

Good job I ordered those extra tents , accommodation is at a premium and more coming in. The fort is bursting !
As my attitude to historical timelines is extremely flexible anything within the same century will do.
Merry Christmas and God Bless Us Every One

Surely the tents bit refers to your collection needing more storage space Paul? :innocent:

I can hardly keep up with the goodies Strelets is producing. Thank you for providing happy times in an unhappy year!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
So we got WWII Japanese and FFL crews for 1916, how about WWI US Army crews too?

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog
This was included in the French WW1 heavy weapons set that HaT proposed a very long time ago. As this set is very unlikely to appear it would be an obvious idea to do this artillery piece with French WW1 troops.

Martin Windrow mentions it in his book "Our Friends Beneath the Sands" as supporting the FFL which took heavy casualties in a battle against the Riffs in 1925, so definatly post war... though they proved to be ineffective in the rocky terrain.... Mortars likely stokes or similar are also mentioned as supporting, so the crew may work for those as well.

1916 is the date the gun was accepted by the Army Commission not specifically the FFL.

:wink:

Not that I'd want to, but if I must, I now can die a happy man:

It won't get any closer to Spanish Civil War artillery crew figures in plastic.

The webbing is very similar, a headswap is required and probably something to be done about the trousers.

Excellent poses. These guys will serve in a lot of armies of mine.

Just hope the plastic colour of the final product will not scream through a layer of primer though. :grin:

Now bring on the Spanish infantry for the Rif War (and SCW) please! Regards, Pa

Yes please bring in the Spanish infantry and those on horseback. Come on Strelets you can complete the RIF war. Thanks :)