Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PSC 8th army pictures

stuart
Looking at the images on PSC's web site they appear out of proportion and almost cartoonish. Airfix for all their faults set a high bar which no one else has yet been able to beat (although Matchbox came very, very close)
I agree stuart!

Why is it that so many companies that claim to cater specifically for 'serious wargamers' (as opposed to those who collect and use 1/72 plastic 'toy soldiers'....ho hum) always fail to get basic anatomy right? The chunky, over-sized head syndrome applies often and, to my eyes at least, looks unrealistic in the extreme.

Another look at the new PSC set of 8th army infantrymen also suggests that they all have the same face, which has a look of somewhat boyish astonishment! Is this genuine surprise at their being released in time for the Christmas market??

I like much of PSC's output of WW2 vehicles and AFVs and have many of these models in my WW2 collection. They are a genuine British company trying to offer a range of products to wargamers and collectors; but I'm not sure that their 20mm Ultracast figures work well at all.