Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vikings...

Makes sense given the short notice. Still though, the very Hardrada looking figure is interesting and the standard bearer is more sturdy than the similar Zvezda one. Managed to pick up STRM001-004 last year, so this would be a nice addition.

Alan Buckingham
While slurping my morning cuppa (Tea) I did the rounds , both Hannants and PSR show a set of Vikings as a forth coming Strelets release, but what Vikings ?
The Strelets Vikings are amongst the most useful of the various 1/72 sets in my view, the older set good for shield walls and the more recent set a very good set of sculpts.

I suspect that the new Vikings are sprues of the more recent 'Stamford Bridge' set, but might include a few new figures?

PS: Good to hear that you are a 'tea in the morning' chap, Mr B. I am always suspicious of those who are affirmed espresso and a tot of brandy, pre midday people....

Minuteman
Alan Buckingham
While slurping my morning cuppa (Tea) I did the rounds , both Hannants and PSR show a set of Vikings as a forth coming Strelets release, but what Vikings ?
The Strelets Vikings are amongst the most useful of the various 1/72 sets in my view, the older set good for shield walls and the more recent set a very good set of sculpts.

I suspect that the new Vikings are sprues of the more recent 'Stamford Bridge' set, but might include a few new figures?

PS: Good to hear that you are a 'tea in the morning' chap, Mr B. I am always suspicious of those who are affirmed espresso and a tot of brandy, pre midday people....
It all depends on what type of tea is drunk in the morning. It does not count if a tea bag rather than leaf!

According to the internet it is the country that threw tea into a certain harbour that is responsible for the tea bag. A patent for a 'Tea Leaf Holder' was filed in 1901 by Roberta Lawson and Mary McLaren of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

As for Vikings its always good to see another set.

The Vikings set was my first Strelets one, so occupy a prominent position in this collection as well. They could use some guys with standards though, as the Zvezda one is a little brittle.