Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Little soldiers

Yes, a constant source of joy for me through good times and bad.

Regards,
Andrew

I have been down sizing for a while,as my collection has got out of hand, and space is needed for a growing family to stay (grand kids). But two things always strike me , the emotional attachment to moulded plastic, and the excuses I make to myself to hang on to stuff!. I have decided to keep most of my painted Waterloo Brits and French , my Western desert stuff ww2 NME WW2 and my Zulu War stuff , all others era`s go. On the whole that has worked, but what is on the table now Strelets Rif war and Boer war figures. I have often sat and thought why this passion for small plastic toy soldiers, and happy childhood memories and a love of military history aside it is inexplicable , but the obsession is there, I have even thought what figures do I ask the wife to sneak in to my coffin with me..!?!?. It is a source of comfort in tough times that is for sure, but why ? who knows, no doubt I will be looking foreword to Friday`s on the Strelets forum for the rest of my days though.

Alan Buckingham
I have been down sizing for a while,as my collection has got out of hand, and space is needed for a growing family to stay (grand kids). But two things always strike me , the emotional attachment to moulded plastic, and the excuses I make to myself to hang on to stuff!. I have decided to keep most of my painted Waterloo Brits and French , my Western desert stuff ww2 NME WW2 and my Zulu War stuff , all others era`s go. On the whole that has worked, but what is on the table now Strelets Rif war and Boer war figures. I have often sat and thought why this passion for small plastic toy soldiers, and happy childhood memories and a love of military history aside it is inexplicable , but the obsession is there, I have even thought what figures do I ask the wife to sneak in to my coffin with me..!?!?. It is a source of comfort in tough times that is for sure, but why ? who knows, no doubt I will be looking foreword to Friday`s on the Strelets forum for the rest of my days though.
I always tell my wife that she can use my figures for my funeral pyre. It has to be the right way to get to wargaming valhalla LOL

Alan Buckingham
Well said, Alan. Very eloquent; very heart-felt, just the way it is. I've enjoyed reading it several times since you posted it, and each time I conclude with the same thought ... "Yes, that's right, me too!" Cheers.

Concur with all that has been said, I was going to say they kept me sane and then realised the irony of such a remark. On the subject of selling them, giving them away or throwing them away - I find it really hard, even figures I've cut the heads off get put aside, just in case I can find a use for them!