Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jacobite Rebellion - Not Forgotten: 'our' manufacturers doing us proud

I cannot figure out how to post pictures on here, which is super disconcerting for me at least! :sweat_smile:

Dear Babylonian,

When you create a message, click on the 'bb code' hyperlink above the box in which you type.

There you will see the on/off switches of img in brackets to use around the address (url) of the image.

Regards,

James

Cheers! :sunglasses:

Re: Jacobite Rebellion - Not Forgotten

AP
It seems RedBox has not forgotten about their Jacobite Rebellion range.

Looks like there are two sets in the pipeline.

1. Bonnie Prince Charlie and Scottish Cavalry

2. British Royal Artillery

Looking good!
Hi everyone,
I remember vk site mentioned 4 references to come for this topic.
I believe twi are identified already.
I am pretty sure British British dragoons are planned but then one more box is on it's way, so what could it be?
Scottish artillery, French infantry, dragoons on foot..
Cheers.
CPN

Well the missing poses from the first three sets would be good, like loading and firing poses, they are terrific figures to stand alone , but you cannot build a firing line from any of them.

Lovely! just tell me where I can buy them.

The other two sets would have to be British dragoons and Jacobite artillery I think; that would be the basics covered. The Royal Eccossais and Irish piquets could be made from the Militia set but I wouldn't mind a dedicated set for them as well.

Firing and loading figures for the Government highlanders would be nice.

There is a decent firing line in the British Infantry set with the figures with charged bayonet in the front rank and the firing figures firing over their shoulders from the second rank.

It may look a little odd to our modern eyes but I believe this was the regulation drill. It seems to me that this might be hang over from the days of the plug bayonet (I don't know that for certain). Since fitting the plug bayonet meant a man could not load or fire then the front rank might fire first if they had time, then fit and stand with charged bayonet to form a defensive steel hedge while the second and third ranks changed places and alternated between firing and loading. Old habits die hard and this practice seems to have continued for some time after the adoption of the socket bayonet. Certainly the loading figure is missing if you want to depict the third rank but I can get by without him (although I certainly wouldn't complain if Harron did make some loading figures).

I recently received 3 extra boxes of the Strelets Highlanders, I bought the Linear-A Amazons from the only dealer who had them at a decent price and filled my order with as many highlanders as I could get for the same postage. The Strelets Highlanders are wonderful! Well done Strelets and Redbox for such an excellent coverage of this subject.

James, I do find it endlessly amusing when I'm confronted by the security test with pictures where I can't tell if there's traffic lights in them. I'm even more amused by the tests that have pictures taken from so far away that you can't tell if there's a bus in them!

But they're not a patch on the fun to be had from those Catchpas on other sites that have the distorted letters and numbers. Isn't it awesome how the robot that creates those things always manages to produce numbers that look like letters, and letters that look exactly the same in upper and lower case? Those of us who get our internet from Optus have been endlessly entertained for the past month or so. Nice of them to keep our minds occupied during the covid restrictions.:rage:

Dear Graeme,

The fuzzy photos, goodnesses me! I reckon a computer might be better able to recognise that there is something there. Then how about the times when, having jumped one hurdle, they give you another and another and...

'Catchpas' is that what that poorly executed script test is called? Isn't it/aren't they awful? Certainly a test that I fail most times on the first (and often second) go.

All the best for a quick exit to your lockdown.

Regards, James

Did not forget. Everything was ready, but instead of them I released the musketeers and the guards. 4 cavalry kits will be released next time.

HARON
Did not forget. Everything was ready, but instead of them I released the musketeers and the guards. 4 cavalry kits will be released next time.
Hello Haron,
So the artillery masters are from you or not?
Thank you.
CPN

CPN
HARON
Hello Haron,
Thank you.
CPN
Yes.
Next Redbox

RB72139 Jacobite Rebellion. British dragoons 1745
RB72140 Jacobite Rebellion. British Regiments of Horse 1745
RB72141 Jacobite Rebellion.Jacobite Cavalry.Prince's Lifeguard and FitzJames Horse Regiment
RB72149 Jacobite Rebellion. Jacobite Cavalry. Bonnie Prince Charlie and Scottish Cavalry

HARON
CPN
HARON
Hello Haron,
Thank you.
CPN
Yes.
Next Redbox

RB72141 Jacobite Rebellion.Jacobite Cavalry.Prince's Lifeguard and FitzJames Horse Regiment
RB72149 Jacobite Rebellion. Jacobite Cavalry. Bonnie Prince Charlie and Scottish Cavalry
Oh wow!:heart_eyes:

steve_pickstock@yahoo.com
HARON
CPN
HARON
Hello Haron,
Thank you.
CPN
Yes.
Next Redbox

RB72141 Jacobite Rebellion.Jacobite Cavalry.Prince\'s Lifeguard and FitzJames Horse Regiment
Oh wow!:heart_eyes:
Definitely Wow!:grinning:

Progress is good, looking foreword to seeing the figures, so the artillery we have here must be WSS and Strelets, French or British ?

HARON
CPN
HARON
Hello Haron,
Thank you.
CPN
Yes.
Next Redbox

Dear Haron,
I thank you very much for your quick and clear answer.
I am saving money for all these superb sets coming!
Kind regards.
CPN

Hi Haron, I hope you'll produce the highlands clans infantry too.

Will the artillery be released after the cavalry sets? The pictures of the artillery look great!