Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More linear a goodies

Gee, you are a hard man Graham.

I'd call five sets in a year, six if you include the soon-to-be released 017 pretty good going. Especially in a year where value chains have been so disrupted. Even if you say that the three minis are only worth one, that is still four sets (including 017). It's also highly likely that more than just 017 will make the light of day before year's end. That, and the quality of the figures is A1.

Not up with Strelets, of course, but no-one is. Certainly a huge jump ahead of all of the others, including a once prolific manufacturer that is only beginning to recover some of its former status (mis-sized cavalry notwithstanding).

Regards, James

I'm impatient because I like their figures so much. It just seems like they are announcing a lot and building up quite a queue and it would perhaps be nice to push along the already announced stuff.

I relent a little just popped to their site and a couple of nice looking Celts have appeared.

Graham Korn
I relent a little just popped to their site and a couple of nice looking Celts have appeared.
Good on you Graham! :+1: :grinning:

Yea the prehistoric set is of interest, and of course awaiting Hammurabi's Babylonians. Have been waiting for a set of Babylonians ever since Caesar promised one 15 years ago and instead gave me Assyrians (yuck! :smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). I am assuming they are using Stillman and Tallis 1984's Old Babylonians as a template since that is pretty much the main source on the topic, but guess we shall see.

The Minoans look just like the models used for Total War: Troy that was released earlier this year. Maybe the civilians are one of each pose? Because yea otherwise that is some massive overkill for an era that lacks, well, pretty much everything.

%%bbCodeItem_1%% ...here is a picture of the aforementioned Old Babylonians from Stillman & Tallis 1984. I would be pretty happy with these, as they do not have toooo much armour and hopefully Linear-A can make their shield poses a little less flat in future releases.