Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday Mail

Dear Strelets,

A top Friday teaser and early on too. Thank you.

The two figures look great. I'm with your Bert; dunno. A trench gun perhaps? Someone with greater knowledge will let us know.

Regards, James

A field kitchen perhaps

That was my thought.

Is the top pic some sort of mobile machine gun??

As for the middle pic.....a chassis with wheels is all that comes to mind!!!!! Havent a clue what its ment to have ontop or its use.
Base for a caisson of some type??

The figures are excellent sculpts again. Alas not any good to me but can still admire the quality.

Oooh shiny - are we looking at a Tachanka / тачанка?

If Nestor Machno's army is next, I will feel I died and went to heaven.

Thank you Strelets, it was worth it! Regards, Pa

My guess is field kitchen for the top wagon.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-a-wehrmacht-field-kitchen-from-the-beginning-of-wwi-the-german-armies-31484206.html

Second one looks like the small carriage for a 37mm AA gun the Germans used in WWII, Sd. Ha 51 or 52 trailer. There are several that are similar.
http://www.lonesentry.com/ordnance/tag/anhanger/page/6

I have no idea on the troops, but will guess Russian.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Oooooohhhh! Hope you are right. That would be really special.

I do like the one`s that make you think, two types of Russian field kitchens , WW 1 & 2 is my guess.

A wonderful brain teaser! Mysterious!

One can be a field kitchen, I presume. Tachanka? Unfortunatly no! Tachankas have 2 wheel-axis, but these have only one. The teaser needs to be continued....

The soldiers? Probably russian soldiers of WW2, civilians or militias? The balalaika is very russian.

You might be right about this not being a Tachanka, what made me think of it was the Wikipedia article on the subject with this image:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachanka#/media/File:Taczanka.jpg

It might well be the case that the vehicle in that image is not a Tachanka at all but rather a Russian MG transport cart, given this is material captured in 1914 (and the caption calling this a "turret" is clearly wrong). Regards, Pa

Pa, your foto shows really some similarities with the parts, but I hope, that it isn´t this kind of a Tachanka.

I have studied in the internet many photos of Tachankas, which were really different, but never before like this german captured Tachanka in your foto.

The first thing that pops to mind when looking at the pictures is field kitchen, Russian, WWI... although the cap on the fellow on the right looks like something prior WWI. Actually those two could fit into any scenario from Napoleonic till WW2.

Gulaschkanone - goulash cannon aka Russian field kitchen on wheels.

I thought it reminds me of a porta-potty (Latrine) on wheels. I could be wrong.

Classic Wayne. Love a hearty laugh on a Satdee morning!

Regards, James

Well this looks interesting. Oh, Strelets what teases you are ;)

I also don't think it's a tachenka, but I do hope you make one! i love the sculps and those figures look like they're having a great time. Can't wait to see the finished product.