Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More on LRDG sets

Thanks Richard, I have just given Butler an order, if I like them I will order a few more.

Hi again
I think 3d printing is the way ahead! Butlers have an interesting range and I'm signed up for their newsletter.
It's a matter of personal taste but I think they're superior to resin models.
The only drawback to some models is the solid cabs, difficult to work around so I usually just black them out.
As for overseas orders I find delays are common in these Covid lockdown times, I sometimes order dvds etc from other countries and they can take a long time.
Narrow Escapes of WW2 is available in 2 vols on dvd. I had a quick look at Youtube where most episodes are available, also some other documentary stuff such SAS Pirates of the Desert but I've been to busy to watch just yet.
Stay safe folks
Richard

Just a quick PS.
Early War Miniatures do an LRDG truck, Chevy I think in white metal with 20mm gun.

Hi Richard. It's the Ford F30 30cwt 4x4 truck Early War Miniatures are offering. It looks quite nicely done.

Just received my first order from Butlers, delighted, great recommendation ,thanks.

Hi glad you lie them. The Portugese order should arrive early Dec when I checked Ebay.
As I've said I thin the 3d are the way ahead, as they're better than resin, and easier to work than metal, though good white metal can have a detail edge.
The only real problem is the solid cabs!
Anyway, enjoy!
Stay safe
Richard