Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More on LRDG sets

Perhaps Strelets will make us an 'On Patrol' set where Casual-dress' is the watchword. Hopefully including four sitting poses that we can use with the Chevrolet and Willy's Jeep.
A driver in shorts, wearing goggles and a cap. Another without googles and wearing a shemagh (Arab headcloth) with Agal (Black cord)
Similar chaps could be standing firing the Chevrolet mounted machine-guns or sat with drivers.

Hi all
interesting to not the comments about dress for LRDG, Italians etc.
This may not be news to some but I caught part of the Narrow Escapes of WW2 on Yesterday channel the other day telling of LRDG raids.
It seems some 8mm film was taken of troops and shows quite scruffy, informal dress. There are even some shots of Italians with bersagliere feathers, a bare chested sentry, and some equally scruffy Italians!
As for suitable figures I rediscovered a range of 1/72 3d printed models on Ebay from Portugal, Minigenera-59, which has some LRDG/SAS vehicles, along with many other interesting subjects. I've just ordered the first few so it'll be interesting to see them.
Hope these snippets are of some interest.
Stay safe folks!
Richard

Thank you Richard

That is very useful information. If you have any stills of the 'Untidy, casual and even scruffy' chaps that would be very useful.
I'll follow up your information on Minigenera 59.

I recently bought the 'BlackDog' resin Chevrolet and Jeep but most of the parts were missing. The box contained 2 bags of accessories and not the vehicles. BlackDog are not answering their emails.
I've decided to make my own 1/72 Chevrolet in milliput.

Murat, Blackdog only do the accessories, to fit the Dragon 1/72 kits. The 3D guy, I have purchased two almost a month ago, still not arrived, so I am on the verge of chasing them, but will wait for the month to be up first. Hannants have listed on the futures page all of the new sets, so they must be quite close to release.

Hi
if you have the Freeview or Sky etc you should find the Yesterday channel.
I believe the Narrow Escapes of WW2 is available on dvd.
You may find more on Youtube but I'm usually too busy to chase up everything.
I wish you well with 3d printed supplier, I've had a prompt partial refund of postage which is quite promising. I can recommend Butlers Printed Models in a variety of scales, and an expanding range including a wide variety of CMP truck variants - worth a look! I'm placing orders with them with no trouble.
Hope this helps a little more folks!
Stay safe
Richard

Thanks Richard, I have just given Butler an order, if I like them I will order a few more.

Hi again
I think 3d printing is the way ahead! Butlers have an interesting range and I'm signed up for their newsletter.
It's a matter of personal taste but I think they're superior to resin models.
The only drawback to some models is the solid cabs, difficult to work around so I usually just black them out.
As for overseas orders I find delays are common in these Covid lockdown times, I sometimes order dvds etc from other countries and they can take a long time.
Narrow Escapes of WW2 is available in 2 vols on dvd. I had a quick look at Youtube where most episodes are available, also some other documentary stuff such SAS Pirates of the Desert but I've been to busy to watch just yet.
Stay safe folks
Richard

Just a quick PS.
Early War Miniatures do an LRDG truck, Chevy I think in white metal with 20mm gun.

Hi Richard. It's the Ford F30 30cwt 4x4 truck Early War Miniatures are offering. It looks quite nicely done.

Just received my first order from Butlers, delighted, great recommendation ,thanks.

Hi glad you lie them. The Portugese order should arrive early Dec when I checked Ebay.
As I've said I thin the 3d are the way ahead, as they're better than resin, and easier to work than metal, though good white metal can have a detail edge.
The only real problem is the solid cabs!
Anyway, enjoy!
Stay safe
Richard