Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FFL in Indochina

http://foreignlegion.info/2020/10/09/a-j-mitchell-pictorial-history-foreign-legion-indochina-1927-1945/

Strelets is doing a great job with the FFL.
Orion has been doing a great job on the War in Vietnam.

This book covers some overlap between the two.
The French Foreign Legion in Indochina 1927-1945

http://foreignlegion.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/andi-book-0.jpg

Note the gun on the cover of the book.

Strelets already has some of the work done on a potential new set!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Re: FFL in Indochina

Hi Mike,

I totally support your proposal. A FFL set for the war in Indochina would be wonderful.

Cheers,

Alessandro

A question from ignorance, who was/were the most notable characters who served for the FFL there? I need people to connect to.

A good start (which will give you some characters) would be to read Max Hastings' 'An Epic Tragedy.' It is quite a tome, but very very readable. The first part deals with the French in Indo-China, and the account of Dien Ben Phu reads like a Greek tragedy unfolding.

I've often thought about wargaming the Vietnam War, as from a political, strategic and tactical level it is a fascinating conflict. But I've always felt uneasy for personal reasons. A (much) older cousin of mine was with the Kiwis serving with the ANZAC contingent there. He had aspirations as a regular, of a career as an officer. It really screwed up his life, and like a lot of Kiwis and Aussies that were regulars, after the ANZAC withdrawal, he went on to serve in the 70s as a mercenary in Rhodesia's bush wars, and then became another junkie beach bum of a type that were so common in Bondi in Sydney the early 80s.

Thank you! :sunglasses: