Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bunker busters

Another great contribution, I really like the US anti tank team set, I thought the sculpting , mould etc were as good as any in the hobby for late war US troops, I hope they sell well and encourage Strelets to do some more US artillery for WW2 .

Re: Bunker busters

I, too was impressed with this set - and other WW2 sets either recently released or waiting. Makes me want to get back in to WW2 again even if I forego painting them.

I'd like to add to the congratulations John. The entire 'scene' looks great. I presume a snippet from what looks like a most intriguing game?
Regards, James

I like the scene too. I've been debating whether to get this set - and I'd like some advice please. I wargame primarily ACW and WW1, but also the Far East/Pacific campaign in WW2 (my Dad and uncle were with the NZ 3rd Division in the Solomons, and my Uncle Roger from Maine was with the Seabees).

I understood that these recoiless rifles were introduced very late in the war. Does anyone know if they saw action in the final phase of the war in the Pacific - say, Okinawa or Iwo Jima?

they were issued in march 0f 1945 they saw limited action in the pacific in the last months of the war to late for iwo jima which i think was in feb of 45 battle of okinawa started in march of 45 went on to july it was used in the later stages of the battle pillbox busting by 27th infantry division hope that helps