Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Italian Troops sartorial or realistic

With the advent of some terrific LRDG chaps, I have campaigned for some of their challenging foes; namely realistic Italian troops. There are already some on the market dating back to the Airfix set of the 1970's. A welcome set, even if it was limited on poses. It was decades before others appeared on the market. they all had one thing in common, They all looked like they were straight off the parade ground (actually true of many other nation's fighting figures). at worst some look like svelte manikins.
Strelets have already shown that realism is their key. That is why I am requesting some untidy Italian combat troops (scruffy is probably too harsh a word). Unkempt but proud and tough. Fighting with limited resources and insufficient back-up
Rugged and resilient and dressed to suit.
I've tried to upload some pictures
Can anyone help there
Murach

Posting Images

You will need an online host site like https://postimages.org/ you can open an account or use the site anonymously, I suggest opening an account, you need to upload your images to the host site first.

Above the enter message window you will see: (bb code and html allowed).
Clink on the "bb code" link and it opens a panel with the relevant code.

Or copy and paste this code [img"deletethis"]host site image[/img] as many times as is needed for the images you want to post. remove "deletethis" otherwise it wont work.

copy the direct link for the relevant image from your image host site and paste it in bettween the brackets overwriting "host site image":

[img"deletethis"]https://i.postimg.cc/qq8jkT1G/Un-nouvelle-tenue-pour-l-infanterie-1906.jpg[/img]

:wink:

Desert Italians and Posting Images. Thank you Ironsides

The Decima-mas are not truly in desert attire but do indicate the loose-fitting uniforms, which are contrary to how some companies have modelled the WWII Italian soldiers

Thank you Ironsides for showing me how to post photographs. Your photograph of the WWI French illustrates what I mean about 'rugged' uniforms. (just look at their trousers) It would be good if Strelets could make those chaps too.
Regards
Murach

Re: Desert Italians and Posting Images. Thank you Ironsides

Hi Murat,

I completely support your request, it would be a dream seeing realistic ww2 Italians in deset gear produced by Strelets (and with desert gear I mean with sun helmets which could also make them suitable for the East African campaign).

Cheers,

Ale

"Your photograph of the WWI French illustrates what I mean about 'rugged' uniforms. (just look at their trousers) It would be good if Strelets could make those chaps too.
Regards
Murach"

Your Welcome, sadly the French Uniform shown was a trial for a short period by one or two regiments at most, it wasn't officially adopted, though I suspect it formed the basis of the mid WW1 french uniform to some degree, I do believe it was Horizon Blue as well...
Had the war not happened when it did its quite possible that the French army eventually would have looked totally different even from this...

:wink:

Thanks for the photo of the "WWI French". This is actually an example of the rare experimental uniforms designed by the artist Edouard Detaille for the French Army to replace the traditional kepi and madder-red trousers several years BEFORE the war. The uniforms were never issued to troops in the field in 1914, although the color of the uniforms (using a red-white-and-blue thread) did influence the horizon blue uniform that was issued to French troops in 1915.

FYI, the experimental helmets were made of leather rather than steel and offered no protection from bullets or shrapnel. Detaille's goal was to give the infantry something that looked more dramatic, like the dragoons' brass helmets or the cuirassiers' steel ones, and leave the kepi for undress barracks wear along with the bonnet de police sidecap. The Adrian steel helmet of 1915 had nothing to do with this design, being adapted from steel helmets worn by metropolitan firemen.

Samogen I'm afraid you've got it well mixed up....

The photo shows "La tenue beige-bleue" from 1906 and features a colonial helmet....trialled by 2 regiments probably on manoeuvers..

Its preceeded by "La tenue Boer" 1903 also in a blue grey...

And followed by "La tenue Reseda" 1910 in green/brown trialled on manoeuvers with cloth covered cork helmet...

And "La Tenue Detaille" 1912 blue and red or blue grey, some uniforms made with dragoon style helmets.... shown to the public in Paris...

Again "La Tenue Reseda" but with red trousers 1913...

None of these were accepted as the old uniform was to well liked!...

3 colour cloth is from a proposal accepted in 1914 so nothing to do with the proceeding designs but changed the uniform colour from late 1914 on to the famous "Horizon Blue"...