Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WW2 Gaps needing the Strelets touch

I'd happily second John's suggestion of US Marines, both infantry and support weapons.

Totally agree with John and Duncan (Romanian mountain troops). There's also the need of Italian troops in desert gear with sun helmets to be employed in East Africa.

Cheers,

Ale

For me the stand out subject is the BEF infantry I think Strelets would sell loads of boxes of them if the online forums are to be believed
They could even make a few sets BEF in defence, retreat and on the beaches.:money_mouth_face:

i agree bef 1939 1940 would be more than welcome also a marching set of bef 1914 1918 would be a good idea in all the old photos and reels you see the troops walking along going up to the front

radders
i agree bef 1939 1940 would be more than welcome also a marching set of bef 1914 1918 would be a good idea in all the old photos and reels you see the troops walking along going up to the front
That's a very good idea. If Napoleonics can be modelled by Strelets 'on the march', then WW1 troops might well be as well.

I always remember the news reel clip which is often shown of a Manchester battalion jauntily marching up to the Somme in 1916, some waving their helmets in the air, some of the men actually smiling. I always wonder how many of those brave souls made it through to the end of the war.

But a set like this would make a fine diorama.

BEF definitely

Chinese troops both Communist and Nationalist deserve to be represented.

Good Desert War Italians.

Dutch would be lovely but probably impractical.

Definitely BEF 1940

Then...
US gun crews, don't worry about the guns as they are available in plastic 37mm 57mm 155mm or metal 75mm, 105mm
Troops for the Norwegian campaign, Norweigians (of course) British & French in winter gear

Fire at Will
Definitely BEF 1940

Then...
US gun crews, don't worry about the guns as they are available in plastic 37mm 57mm 155mm or metal 75mm, 105mm
Troops for the Norwegian campaign, Norweigians (of course) British & French in winter gear
Some very sensible ideas here.Like the idea of the Norwegian campaign. As a possible alternative for a BEF heavy weapons set both the BEF and French used the Hotchkiss 25mm (1934) in the early part of WW2.

Possibly as the American 105mm artillery piece is not as complicated as many WW2 pieces it would fit into typical profile for Strelet artillery sets. The problem would be what gun crew would sell the most with somany potential choices!

The only other would be Vichy French - involved in so many conflicts during WW2

How about a dedicated set of US Army combat engineers? As important in wargames as they were vitally essential in real life. There are some very useful poses in the new 'US Antitank squad" set that I'm using as the basis to make conversions, but things like wire cutters are hard to make from scratch...

If Strelets were to do BEF a obvious addition should be the home guard . I’ve had many a discussion at the local model shop on how Airfix never made a set for Dads Army when it’s was on BBC . Mr Buckingham time to campaign for early war sets from Strelets

David Hunt
If Strelets were to do BEF a obvious addition should be the home guard . I’ve had many a discussion at the local model shop on how Airfix never made a set for Dads Army when it’s was on BBC . Mr Buckingham time to campaign for early war sets from Strelets
I'd certainly go for this!

I don't think anyone has made a set of British Home Guard circa 1940 in 1/72. Mars have recently produced a set of German 'Volksturm' for the late war period, but despite recent improvements in their sculpting they couldn't yet manage 'Dad's Army' very well I think. Strelets however are mastering faces and physique to the extent that a squad with a plump, short-ish captain, a taller serjeant, an old corporal and an even older medical orderly (private Godfrey) in the 'command sprue'; and then a platoon in a mix of side-caps and helmets in the other three or four sprues, would certainly be possible. Armament would be mainly rifles, with a Lewis Gun as the platoon 'heavy weapon'.

And...I have a feeling it would sell very well, especially if Strelets also did a good set of BEF/Regular British infantry for 1940.

cool i like idea for bef. side caps lewis gun gas masks on chest could be included that could double for ldv/ home guard good thinking