Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: L.R.D.G. Sets

GC
Personally, I think the masters for the two sets of \"At Rest\" and \"Ambush\" so far are pretty stunning. But I\'d like to see a set like the following to excite me to buy into the theme. There are so many actual photos of the actual men they really deserve to be immortalized in 1/72. If only ...

* Drivers sculpted to actually fit into existing 1/72 model vehicles - Trucks - Jeeps
* Separate Gunners sculpted to actually be shooting the various guns in the vehicles
* Separate Machine guns sculpted to be able to be mounted into existing model/snap-together vehicles
* This theme would be alot of fun to do if I had the men and guns to use in existing hard plastic vehicles. Actual model vehicles, trucks and jeeps, that come with guns are really expensive and hard to find. I could make my own LRDG sets out of nice snap together vehicles already on the market for a really reasonble cost, that is if Strelets provided guns and mounts to put in existing model vehicles.

I hope there will be a third set :slightly_smiling_face:
LRDG crews and attack troops especially if provided with early period vehicles could be used Vs Italian Saharian troops equipped with special purpose desert trucks TL 37 and even camels..not to forget the Free French Saharian units...there are two fantastic book about those small clashes with small maps, Toes and descriptions that calls for perfect small wargame scenario:

https://www.amazon.it/INCIDENT-AT-JEBEL-SHERIF-SPECIAL/dp/0620420103

https://www.lalibrairie.com/livres/l-odyssee-de-la-colonne-leclerc--les-francais-libres-au-combat-sur-le-front-autonome-du-tchad-1940-43_0-145401_9782913903852.html

for that purpose i was in search of appropriate British/Commonwealth minis..untill know i had some few, limited poses, Foundry 20mm...but those are great

By the way which are and were i can find possibly in Europe, please, those cheap "snap together" vehicles that you mentioned, that could already be used to equip the LRDG minis ?

thanks

Someone (okay me), should mention that these men are dead-solid-perfect for the Israeli War of Independence period, especially the Israeli Palmach commandos. The figures in Arab dress or berets would also work very well as Palestinian Arab irregulars and maybe even Arab Legion.

Just found on Ebay some 3D printed SAS jeeps and LRDG Chevrolet trucks, very reasonably priced from Portugal, just ordered a couple to see how they are in the flesh. The same seller does lots of other 1/72 stuff that looks a lot better than some of the 3D printed stuff I have seen on sale.