Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To Strelets - the greatcoats lines

I'll second what has been said above. Despite the many French infantry sets available, the definitive set has not yet been made. All current offerings are either lacking in sculpting quality, historical accuracy or only offer flanking companies. If there was a good quality, historically accurate set with the right proportions of fusiliers and grenadiers/ voltigeurs I would buy many of them. French line infantry in greatcoats with the right balance between flanking companies and grenadiers would be even better. Quick to paint up and they look quite grim and daunting en masse. I would buy a whole army of those ...

Re: To Strelets - the greatcoats lines

Hi everyone,
Great enthusiasm I can see although I was more on the Coalition sides of the planet than the French (although I am French 😀).
I believe a line of Austrian, Prussian, Wurtemberg, Bavarian and of course Russian troops in greatcoats would great especially covering all the poses.
Ofcourse if Strelets team think the market isn't big enough maybe these lines could be done on fewer boxes regrouping at ease, standing,present arms in one box and marching and fighting poses in another
The main ideas remains it woul fill an important gaps to cover the reality of campaign dress at that time.
Comparing to the French, we can already field entire regiment in greatcoats mixing the different brands and sometimes doing headswap which is also referring to a Strlets question in another post
Cheers everyone.
Stay safe.
CPN