Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scaling up

Dear James,

whilst we appreciate the merits of bigger scales, we are fans of historical 1/72 scale miniatures and will remain in this niche in foreseeable future.
Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets-R
Dear James,

whilst we appreciate the merits of bigger scales, we are fans of historical 1/72 scale miniatures and will remain in this niche in foreseeable future.
Best regards,

Strelets
Me, too, Strelets.

I wonder how exclusive the market is for the two different scales?
Are most like me: fans of 1/72 & nothing else, or is there a large cross over market?

donald

Dear Strelets,

Thank you for replying. I suspected that would be the case and it makes perfect sense. Focus on what you do well—and you do it d@mned well, as Roger pointed out above!

Donald, from my network, which is small on a personal level, but increased greatly by blogs, I get the strong impression that most people restrict themselves to a single, preferred scale, be it 5/6 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm, 1/72 (perhaps with a bit of 20 mm/25 mm thrown in), 30 mm, 54 mm, or larger for model makers. However, the results of the Great Wargaming Survey suggest over 50% or respondents use three or more scales: https://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/wss_gws/gws-2019-scale-versus-style/

I'm into a bit of cross-over, so to speak, in selected eras, so perhaps I'm in the norm, for a change :joy:

Regards, James

Disappointing but understandable.

To answer the question: I collect in both 1/72 and 1/32 scale though, with a few exceptions I concentrate my painting at 1/72 scale.