Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Scaling up

Dear Strelets,

I think that I can guess the answer to this question, but I will ask it anyway.

Would Strelets consider scaling up sets to 1/32?

In the ever-popular era that is Napoleonics, the gaps are chasm-like.

Regards, James

Re: Scaling up

That would be exciting.

it would drain my bank account if they upscaled their dark age norman and saxon range.

If it doesnt impact on the production of 1/72 scale figures and helps make Strelets more financially secure then im all for it, even though my scale is indeed 1/72.

If however it would impact on Strelets production of 1/72, bearing in mind Strelets are on a roll currently and probably at the top of the pyramid in terms of plastic soldier companys, then i dont think they should delve into the bigger scales.

"Strelets are...probably at the top of the pyramid..."

Wow! A 1/32 pyramid would fill the whole house...!

I am more of a PC gamer at heart myself, so the lower numbers of the 1/32 scale work fine for 20th century conflicts but just make it more difficult (and expensive) to make large formations for earlier eras in my opinion. But if it makes the company some money, then why not?

Dear James,

whilst we appreciate the merits of bigger scales, we are fans of historical 1/72 scale miniatures and will remain in this niche in foreseeable future.
Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets-R
Dear James,

whilst we appreciate the merits of bigger scales, we are fans of historical 1/72 scale miniatures and will remain in this niche in foreseeable future.
Best regards,

Strelets
Me, too, Strelets.

I wonder how exclusive the market is for the two different scales?
Are most like me: fans of 1/72 & nothing else, or is there a large cross over market?

donald

Dear Strelets,

Thank you for replying. I suspected that would be the case and it makes perfect sense. Focus on what you do well—and you do it d@mned well, as Roger pointed out above!

Donald, from my network, which is small on a personal level, but increased greatly by blogs, I get the strong impression that most people restrict themselves to a single, preferred scale, be it 5/6 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm, 1/72 (perhaps with a bit of 20 mm/25 mm thrown in), 30 mm, 54 mm, or larger for model makers. However, the results of the Great Wargaming Survey suggest over 50% or respondents use three or more scales: https://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/wss_gws/gws-2019-scale-versus-style/

I'm into a bit of cross-over, so to speak, in selected eras, so perhaps I'm in the norm, for a change :joy:

Regards, James

Disappointing but understandable.

To answer the question: I collect in both 1/72 and 1/32 scale though, with a few exceptions I concentrate my painting at 1/72 scale.