Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Horse grenadiers WSS

You have all said it; they are wonderful, detailed figures in excellent poses.

Regards, James

indeed superb looking sculpts, can't wait to get a few boxes of them, great conversions potential, drummer looks brilliant as does mounted officer in cuirass ( officer could be used for many nations in WSS/GNW.

only 6/7 figures per unit??? to me that doesn't feel right, minimum figures in my cavalry units average 20 sometimes more!!!

keep up the great work Strelets on WSS sets, hopefully cavalry sets both French and British and maybe gunners will be available in UK before Xmas

you all stay safe out there
cheers Old John

old john
indeed superb looking sculpts, can't wait to get a few boxes of them, great conversions potential, drummer looks brilliant as does mounted officer in cuirass ( officer could be used for many nations in WSS/GNW.

only 6/7 figures per unit??? to me that doesn't feel right, minimum figures in my cavalry units average 20 sometimes more!!!

keep up the great work Strelets on WSS sets, hopefully cavalry sets both French and British and maybe gunners will be available in UK before Xmas

cheers Old John
One of the great things about collecting armies for the tabletop is that you can make the units whatever size you want...so why not 20 figures if that suits you John. Go for it.

I'm simply suggesting that, if you apply a figure to actual scale, the Grenadiers were limited to about 150 souls maximum, which at a stretch is 8 figures if you use a 1:20 figure ratio. If you use 1:10, then it's 16 figures. And so on. I try not to add extra troops to my armies if that makes a particular unit or component too large: a French Napoleonic army with 80% of the infantry Old Guard would be historically inaccurate etc etc.

Enjoy the new Horse Grenadiers, whatever.:grinning:

agree about too many Old Guard:)), with over 6 decades of collecting /wargaming/ converting have found if units look right in your eyes it's all personal choice, my basing system is 2 or 3 mounted figures to a base, 4 to 6 infantry to a base, for artillery it depends on size of battery eg if a 12 gun battery would have one gun and 12 gunners rest pro rata, for commanders usually a single figure, system works well with rules i use for regimental or brigade sized games, use Fire and Fury variants for many conflicts from English Civil War,WSS/GNW, ACW, AWI, FPW, Crimea, also Rank and File rules with a few house rules, the game the thing :)) again all down to personal choice

more WSS units needed from Strelets please as soon as possible !!!!!!

cheers Old John