Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i have a dream

from a further analysis on the sets still missing in the poses proposed so far by strelets to which if you could choose would you give your priority? for the Napoleonic period I would choose the French Imperial Old Guard, the Brunswick, the British Infantry, the Highlander Infantry and the Prussian Line and the Prussian Landwehr all in the shooting phase .... in addition to these in the marching and attack poses I would like to see them realized the brunswicks also in avant-garde and hunter versions. obviously also see mounted and foot artillery ..... of all the main lines. and some poses of Nassau and Hanover While I would like to see the French cavalry of the red lancers and the carabinieri as well as the scot grays and the k.g.l. British and British Hussari and some Dutch and Belgian cavalry regiments ... I know it's nice to dream ... but in my opinion strelets is the only one that can make them, and in a relatively short time ... and interspersed with sets concerning other historical periods .... also another field set with some poses like the legionnaire with the dog would be appreciated in the poses of some regiment at rest ... maybe an officer with a cat ... you who think too much imagination in me?

Re: i have a dream

I'm looking forward to seeing Highlanders firing, defending, a casualty pose and more for the Waterloo defensive squares. I've already got the Highlanders casually standing and think they look perfect! I hope the same sculptor gets to continue making his magic for this theme. I've always been a big fan of the soldiers in scarlet red! This is my wish for the Napoleonic Range. :slightly_smiling_face:

I too would like to see more of the less common nations mainly the Brunswick, Nassau, Hanover & polish nations.
As well as infantry it would great to have cavalry sets for same nations & in time Artillery sets as well Starting with the polish set that has been mentioned a while ago.

Steve H
I too would like to see more of the less common nations mainly the Brunswick, Nassau, Hanover & polish nations.
As well as infantry it would great to have cavalry sets for same nations & in time Artillery sets as well Starting with the polish set that has been mentioned a while ago.
I think that this topic has been re-played a few times here, but for my money's worth I'd simply say:

1: Any of the Napoleonic infantry sets that Strelets have made 'shoulder arms', 'on the march', 'at ease' or otherwise basically standing, now needs a set or two which are 'in advance' and 'firing' (or 'defending' if that is a better phrase?). So that is Austrians, Prussians, Russians, Brunswickers, French Line, etc etc.

2: The same goes for the Prussian cavalry sets ie: action poses, 'in advance' ' in attack' on cantering, not galloping horses.

3: A good set of French artillery in campaign dress for 1812-15

4: Definitive sets of French Line infantry in campaign dress (not greatcoats) for 1812-15.

and if I am allowed a 5th: Russian Line dragoons and horse artillery for 1812-15

'Tis only a little list......

I can only agree with all of the above suggestions.
Certainly need firing lines and defensive poses for forming squares.

But French 1812-1815 Foot Artillery is definately required.
British horse artillery also.

British/KGL Hussars & Light Dragoons too would be great, in a state of awaiting orders to charge, swords drawn resting on the right shoulder.

Still definately lots of scope & potential sets left to do.

I think the only Napoleonic set that I really need right now are Russian Dragoons in dismounted order as they appeared at the Battle of Borodino. They are useful, attractive and no-one else makes them.

Well we can`t have you nappy fans having all the dreams, mine is to see the rest of what Strelets have in store for us for the desert 1940/43 from all the combatants.

I am also dreaming of a complete range of standing shoulder/order arms, marching and firing true French fusiliers, the center companies representing about 2/3 of the emperor's line infantry. before and after 1812(I have enough flanking companies, most pre 1812, thanks to the releases of the past year). The red lancers in campaign uniform would also be great, for they can be used for most combattants in the period. Obviously I would also love to see Russian light infantry(only shooting, advancing and other action poses for the period around 1812 and post 1812 French dragoons and lancers in reserve. All the other sets mentioned would probably also find their way here :joy: