Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets, Christmas is Coming...DAK support group? And Italians...

I have been reluctant to do my hint hint (ie LRDG/SAS) for Italians, and 8th army sets, but delighted other are. Here are some suggestions Engineers , laying and clearing mines was a huge job for all armies in the desert, like the idea of more Anzacs in proper desert attire, summer/winter or night. The nights were cold ,particularly in the winter months often dropping to single figures and close to Zero on occasions. Revell did a couple of good winter/night poses, but there are not many about and they do have a different look to other war zones of the period.

Re: Strelets, Christmas is Coming...DAK support group? And Italians...

I agree with Alan, some engineers would be awesome since that was such a huge part of their job (both laying them and removing them). We have an ESCI DAK carrying a mine, we have an Airfix 8th Army with a mine detector, an Airfix DAK with a shovel, we have a couple Wat 1815 Italians, one Folgore crawling with a mine and one Italian with a shovel. So, not the same army. A set with mine layers/removers, prodding the ground with bayonets, mine sweepers, guys with picks and shovels, maybe a pneumatic drill, all possibillities.