Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Set 216: Russian Infantry Standing shoulder arms

HI.
Very interesting future set. My only question (or regret) is that 2 out of 10 soldiers carry their rifles on their right shoulder and the others on their left. If it's NCOs there are too many of them, otherwise it makes a bit of a mess in the same battalion. What is your opinion on this? Put them in the same company?
Thank you
Best
Pierre

These Russians look great they look quite a lot better than the recent on the march set witch I thought was pretty good but these new Russians look amazing I cant wait to get my paint brush on them.:heart_eyes:

The other sets lack NCO's. You might add some of these chaps to them. I don't think the order arms or marching sets would look worse for it. The NCO could have decided to stop, wait and inspect if the rearguard is not deserting. Tough guys don't wear greatcoats.:wink:

The guys at right shoulder aren't a deal breaker with me as there aren't that many of them and as Thomas said, I can use them with my other Russians in various formations. One of my big points is compatibility with what else is out there.

As for size, I am definitely on the portly side (being polite to myself). It was the bump on the head I got in my parachute accident. I tell people I've got dain-bramage (TBI) what's their excuse? The last time I went to the beach some folks from Greenpeace tried to drag me out to sea. I thought they were going to have heart attacks when I protested.

Seriously though, when I taught school the subject would come up (I taught high school, so it's GOING to come up); I'd tell the kids I stood six-feet two before my parachute accident, I'm not really fat, I'm a victim of compression. There was always someone who'd ask, "Really?"

More Russians in summer dress, lovely, thank you.

May I be just a bit more greedy and ask for some advancing and/or firing too please?!

Regards, James