Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Set 216: Russian Infantry Standing shoulder arms

The masters just posted for this set look exceptionally good, and the detail is particularly good. Well done to Strelets and the sculptor.

Once again, the command sprue is very well done, and the officer with eye patch can, surely, only be Kutuzov!

Re: Set 216: Russian Infantry Standing shoulder arms

Yes, this must be Kutuzov...

Great sculpting...they look fantastic.. :+1:

A good looking set and more than worthy addition to my Russian ranks!

Gerd

I thought Kutuzov was fat? Or is this me just remembering the 'War & Peace' movie?

donald

Paint dog
Gerd

I thought Kutuzov was fat? Or is this me just remembering the 'War & Peace' movie?

donald
Yes, I also noted that Kutuzov seems to have been on a low-carb diet in this sculpt. But then we also tend to think of the Emperor Napoleon as 'plump', and he was probably not particularly so to modern eyes. I think we may all be thinking in terms of 'modern body shapes', and in older times people were - generally - less chunky than today.

Minuteman
I think we may all be thinking in terms of 'modern body shapes', and in older times people were - generally - less chunky than today.

Speak for yourself!

I'm tall, slender and of great personal beauty.

donald:grinning:

Paint dog
Minuteman
I think we may all be thinking in terms of 'modern body shapes', and in older times people were - generally - less chunky than today.

Speak for yourself!

I'm tall, slender and of great personal beauty.

donald:grinning:
You sound wonderfully-toned, donald.

For myself, I am more 'chunky' than is probably good for me...but hey, it's what's inside that counts...

On a related note: I think I read somewhere that the people who made the film 'Gettysburg' had a problem with the hordes of re-enactors who turned up as extras in superbly-accurate uniforms etc...the difficulty being that they were (mainly) much 'bigger than an average ACW soldier, who weighed in at ten and a half stone....I'm pretty sure I was that weight once, although probably about half a century ago.

A very nice set of Russian infantry.

These do look superb! Currently on the painting table are the Russian marching and standing arms poses. These figures are so well sculpted. They really have personality and individual expressions and subtle postures. I look at Zvezda and they are beautiful and heroic but too perfect. These are all individuals, like I could name each one. Love that. also the little touches on the order figures. The hand ax for chopping wood, the wood for the fire on another backpack, the kettles on another, the jug of ?, these guys are well prepared to cook dinner. These figures are better sculpted than most 28mm figures. To show personality and expression is next level over any other company today.

HI.
Very interesting future set. My only question (or regret) is that 2 out of 10 soldiers carry their rifles on their right shoulder and the others on their left. If it's NCOs there are too many of them, otherwise it makes a bit of a mess in the same battalion. What is your opinion on this? Put them in the same company?
Thank you
Best
Pierre

These Russians look great they look quite a lot better than the recent on the march set witch I thought was pretty good but these new Russians look amazing I cant wait to get my paint brush on them.:heart_eyes:

The other sets lack NCO's. You might add some of these chaps to them. I don't think the order arms or marching sets would look worse for it. The NCO could have decided to stop, wait and inspect if the rearguard is not deserting. Tough guys don't wear greatcoats.:wink:

The guys at right shoulder aren't a deal breaker with me as there aren't that many of them and as Thomas said, I can use them with my other Russians in various formations. One of my big points is compatibility with what else is out there.

As for size, I am definitely on the portly side (being polite to myself). It was the bump on the head I got in my parachute accident. I tell people I've got dain-bramage (TBI) what's their excuse? The last time I went to the beach some folks from Greenpeace tried to drag me out to sea. I thought they were going to have heart attacks when I protested.

Seriously though, when I taught school the subject would come up (I taught high school, so it's GOING to come up); I'd tell the kids I stood six-feet two before my parachute accident, I'm not really fat, I'm a victim of compression. There was always someone who'd ask, "Really?"

More Russians in summer dress, lovely, thank you.

May I be just a bit more greedy and ask for some advancing and/or firing too please?!

Regards, James