Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday rainy day

In Scotland we call a sunny day a "mirage" rarely seen and never believed, Rain Sleet and snow on the other hand is guaranteed to keep you at the paint table. We do have midgies which are why many of us Scots all emigrate to the four corners of the world to escape the little buggers.

Gentlemen, following numerous requests for a good and warm weather

we grant you a sunny break, which we suggest you to use for a re-boot:

re-fill:

some fun:

and, finally, some rest:

Best regards,

Strelets:wave:

Re: Gentlemen, following numerous requests for a good and warm weather

Very good , if you want your tune played, pay the organ grinder not the monkey. Well done for daring to be different .

Goodness, I'll get my sunglasses and factor 50 out again!

The organ grinder is another first...whichever set will this figure go in?? Will he be defeating (or deafening) the enemy with his tunes?

Tres bien! My old Fort Sahara needs these men!

Freech Foreign Legion are always super welcome. Need carts and mules. Thank you Strelets

Dear Strelets,

I particularly like the photographer (I presume)! Who said the bonus figure is dead?!!

Regards, James

cheeky monkey

James Fisher
Dear Strelets,

I particularly like the photographer (I presume)! Who said the bonus figure is dead?!!

Regards, James
James, I'm in agreement with Minuteman in that I think that's an organ grinder-sans monkey.
If so, it's the sort of figure(s) you don't need but you definitely want.

donald

Monkeys? If Strelets did not provide one, have you an old Airfix Tarzan set?

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=38

Re: cheeky monkey

I am old enough to remember an organ grinder used to come around our neighborhood with a monkey and play music for coins. Monkey was cute.
Bunkermeister

It is going to be interesting to see what set the Organ-grinder is in. If it is with the relaxing Legonairre chaps that will be good but somewhat odd. He might get sand in the works. Of course, if he is in a desert scenario he will need a camel to carry his accouterments; well a mule at least.

Murat
It is going to be interesting to see what set the Organ-grinder is in. If it is with the relaxing Legonairre chaps that will be good but somewhat odd. He might get sand in the works. Of course, if he is in a desert scenario he will need a camel to carry his accouterments; well a mule at least.
The organ grinder dates the set to a 100 year period roughly 1800-1900 and a little beyond , so given what Strelets are covering I would say it will appear in a Napoleonic set or at a push a WW1 set , the former being most likely I would wager. There is something about his appearance either by accident or design that suggests central Europe , Poles,Hungarians, Austrians maybe.

Re: Gentlemen, following numerous requests for a good and warm weather...and organ grinder??

Alan Buckingham
Murat
The organ grinder dates the set to a 100 year period roughly 1800-1900 and a little beyond , so given what Strelets are covering I would say it will appear in a Napoleonic set or at a push a WW1 set , the former being most likely I would wager. There is something about his appearance either by accident or design that suggests central Europe , Poles,Hungarians, Austrians maybe.
He is a mysterious fellow indeed, with his musical box but without the monkey. For anyone contemplating a diorama during the period that Mr B has indicated, and in almost any location from North Africa to Eastern Europe via the East End of Edwardian London, this figure may come in useful.

For wargamers, possibly less useful...unless there is an additional rule for morale featuring 'music' and the undoubted effect (positive or negative) may have of a familiar tune on the spirit of a unit before, during or after action...For example: Again, (referencing something close to Mr Buckingham's heart in the heart of Somerset??"!)...the great Welsh hymn 'Men of Harlech'....

Re: Gentlemen, following numerous requests for a good and warm weather...and organ grinder??

In my mis-interpretation I was thinking American Civil War, or thereabouts, which he still 'speaks' to me, but he's a dead ringer for this fella from another time and place:

James

James Fisher
In my mis-interpretation I was thinking American Civil War, or thereabouts, which he still \\\\\\\'speaks\\\\\\\' to me, but he\\\\\\\'s a dead ringer for this fella from another time and place:

James
I can see why you may have thought American Civil War - an easy mistake to make.

In reality he is actually a Boer Commando waiting in ambush with a cleverly disguised Gatling gun.
The monkey is on lookout duty and I understand Strelets will be letting us have a preview of this figure next Friday.

Sandy
James Fisher
In my mis-interpretation I was thinking American Civil War, or thereabouts, which he still \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'speaks\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' to me, but he\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a dead ringer for this fella from another time and place:

James
I can see why you may have thought American Civil War - an easy mistake to make.

In reality he is actually a Boer Commando waiting in ambush with a cleverly disguised Gatling gun.
The monkey is on lookout duty and I understand Strelets will be letting us have a preview of this figure next Friday.
Thank you Sandy not only a smile but followed by a chuckle,