Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Artillery in Great Coats

Allan from Glasgow
Hi Strelets,

I would love it if you could produce Napoleonic French Artillery in Great Coats, I don't believe they have been done in our scale or in plastic. In addition they could also be used for many allies of the French.

I hope you intend to produce these or other artillery sets as we are lacking choice in the range.

many thanks

Allan
While I for one would support more Napoleonic artillery sets, I do wonder whether artillerymen in greatcoats 'works' other than on the march. Surely serving a gun with the physical activity involved would provoke gun crews to put their big coats aside while doing so, in all but the worst/coldest weather?

What would be useful in my humble opinion would be a set of French line artillery for 1812/13 to the end of the Napoleonic era, in campaign dress ie: trousers, jackets with minimal decorations, shakos with covers, with their muskets, greatcoats, packs stacked neatly to one side.

Re: French Artillery in Great Coats

I agree with Minuteman.
I think they would be better in campaign dress rather than greatcoats.

French Foot artillery circa 1812-1815 with the correct uniform is definately a much needed missing set.