Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WSS british cavalry

With a right focus and a bit of an effort we also hope to see something:slightly_smiling_face: :

Best regards,

Strelets

Thank You for new picture.

Looks like we will have artillery soon.

A very fine gentleman who will bring a new perspective to the WoSS range. Some artillery would be very welcome.

Strelets-R
With a right focus and a bit of an effort we also hope to see something:slightly_smiling_face: :

Best regards,

Strelets
I like this, like it a lot.
These figures have so much character, lovely!

Another lovely WSS figures

Not my era but boy that is a very nice figure there Strelets!
Complements to the Chef!

Whilst not my thing, I have not ruled out buying a few though. I wonder have Strelets considered doing less guns and more crew ? our hobby`s long standing complaint with Artillery particularly black powder artillery is not enough crew figures to man the guns properly .

Why not, artillery in action, at rest ,on the march ?

Re: WSS artillery - possible set variations? (two sets)

Alan Buckingham
Why not, artillery in action, at rest ,on the march ?
It's a good idea which I think would be a 'first' for the hobby. I cannot at least think of any other manufacturer in 1/72 plastic who has done this.

One thing that would make this 'do-able' for the WoSS is that artillery uniforms are pretty much the same for all European armies, allowing for the odd variation in bombardier cap and some unique Russian headgear.

So, it would be possible to cover pretty much every army in just two generic sets.

A WoSS artillery set 'in action', with, say, three guns, 21 crew and a command sprue would be excellent. The crew poses would allow for loading/laying the gun; and firing variations. The command sprue would have 3 x gun captains and the gentleman that we have seen with his telescope. If barrel variants could be included for a 3 or 4 pounder (battalion gun) and a 6 or 8 pounder (field gun), that would be excellent.

We might then have a WoSS set 'on the march, with probably one gun, one full (6 or even an 8 ) horse team with limber, riders, and a sprue of marching gunners and, if we are lucky, a small ammunition cart (the two horse in tandem type shown on one of the Blenheim tapestries). This marching set would then therefore have: 1 gun, 1 limber, 6 x team horses, 2 x riders, 7 marching gunners, perhaps an officer mounted; and possibly a small cart, two horses and a drover on foot leading them.

This marching set would be even more useful if a larger gun - say a 12 pounder - might be included as the one gun model. OK, so a 6 horse team would be too small for this size of gun, but on the tabletop it is difficult to accommodate a horse team that stretches 25+ cm or so......it gets in the way of infantry in line and messes up cavalry charges.

Perfect!:grinning:

Dear Alan,

I agree wholeheartedly with the assessment of yourself and others here; another fine figure!

It's interesting, for every preference there is another. Mine is the opposite of yours, I like to have more guns per battery so would like more guns per box or, preferably, boxes of guns only (themed by calibre or nationality/era). Currently, and for the foreseeable future, I purchase additional guns in metal to go with all the crew figures that I have in plastic!

Regards,

James

For artillery, i would happily go for a mixture of firing and reloading figures in a box, enough to operate at least 3 guns.

As for cannon/guns, what about putting these in a seperate box, but with a choice of calibres and howitzers, and any accessories the guns would require?
That way the customer is able to build whichever guns they want, and not restricted to one gun type present in the set.
Especially useful if a battery had a mixture of pieces.
Would having barrels and carriage parts seperate mean extra detail could be sculpted into them?

This is a strategy that could be applied to artillery accross the eras.

Roger W
Would having barrels and carriage parts seperate mean extra detail could be sculpted into them?

But please nothing like the Zvezda GNW guns.

They were murder to assemble. Zvezda introduced an incredibly high standard in their figures and the models are exquisite but sometimes they just go over the top in terms of engineering.

Barrel, trail, wheels, and possibly a seperate axle, and some details like powder chests is all you really need in a model if done correctly.

Keep them coming at this level please, Strelets, they are just fine as they are.

steve_pickstock@yahoo.com
Roger W

But please nothing like the Zvezda GNW guns.

They were murder to assemble. Zvezda introduced an incredibly high standard in their figures and the models are exquisite but sometimes they just go over the top in terms of engineering.

Barrel, trail, wheels, and possibly a seperate axle, and some details like powder chests is all you really need in a model if done correctly.

Keep them coming at this level please, Strelets, they are just fine as they are.
Crikey no nothing that complicated!!!
No i ment just in general in terms of sculpting/moulding.

Nothing fiddly for sure!!!