Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It's Friday: too long without Napoleonics

Marvellous nap. Bavarians and Russians, these are exactly the kind of subjects the hobby needs. :+1:
But I would also be much more interested in further marching, attacking and firing lines for main & essential belligerents (France, Russia, Austria-Hungary, Prussia, Poland, Bavaria & Württemberg ...). :wink:

The Buckingham dilemma is still based on the completely absurd misconception that this forum or even the whole hobby is somehow "british" (or better put "english") in character.
This is of course nothing more than self-constructed wishful thinking and could not be further from reality.
Unfortunately, a few people are expressing themselves in an increasingly confident tone which requires the vast non-british majority to take "british" manners and attitudes for granted.
In fact I've been trying to ignore Alan's drivel for some time now.
This is, unfortunately, almost impossible as he undermines almost every thread with mainly irrelevant hecklings and thus often prevents a reasonable exchange of ideas.

To be honest, he is the only one who finds his own "humour" amusing and his "lobbying" is nothing but impertinent spamming. :smirk:

A good number of enthusiasts fervently hope that this is not a development desired & encouraged by the Strelets team?

I'm reading here from the beginning for many years now, and it would be very sad if this great place would go the same way as other hobby forums that have been destroyed by chauvinistic quarrels.
:neutral_face:

PeterTheGreat
Marvellous nap. Bavarians and Russians, these are exactly the kind of subjects the hobby needs. :+1:
But I would also be much more interested in further marching, attacking and firing lines for main & essential belligerents (France, Russia, Austria-Hungary, Prussia, Poland, Bavaria & Württemberg ...). :wink:

The Buckingham dilemma is still based on the completely absurd misconception that this forum or even the whole hobby is somehow "british" (or better put "english") in character.
This is of course nothing more than self-constructed wishful thinking and could not be further from reality.
Unfortunately, a few people are expressing themselves in an increasingly confident tone which requires the vast non-british majority to take "british" manners and attitudes for granted.
In fact I've been trying to ignore Alan's drivel for some time now.
This is, unfortunately, almost impossible as he undermines almost every thread with mainly irrelevant hecklings and thus often prevents a reasonable exchange of ideas.

To be honest, he is the only one who finds his own "humour" amusing and his "lobbying" is nothing but impertinent spamming. :smirk:

A good number of enthusiasts fervently hope that this is not a development desired & encouraged by the Strelets team?

I'm reading here from the beginning for many years now, and it would be very sad if this great place would go the same way as other hobby forums that have been destroyed by chauvinistic quarrels.
:neutral_face:
Right, Peterthegreath... I 've got express my " desires"...French foreign legione or Japanese artillery and after Strelets have done ...and i' m italian not brits... everyone can tell your own idea or desire here.
Live life in peace...and paint figs.

I am almost finished painting the last boxes of Russians. I bought 7 total for the core of a Russian army. I am really enjoying these figures. Wonderful work. I would love to get some firing line boxes and some attack poses of Russian Infantry. Jagers skirmishing and artillery. I would love Russian artillery "in Defense - or Melee" to fight the Saxon Cav!

Thank you for these Bavarian figurines so long forgotten by other manufacturers.
The marching soldiers are a void which is finally filled. Can we expect their sale before the end of the year?

I'd certainly like to see more of the North America theatre of the Napoleonic Wars (War of 1812-14)

Yes, more Bavarians!!!!

What about more Austrians and some Württembergers?

And talking about the Italian campaign of 1799, have you ever thought about some Russians for General Suvorov?

Thanks in advance,

Ale

Dear Alessandro,

A great idea about the early (French Revolutionary Wars) Russians (infantry, hussars and artillery would be grand)—but once the late Napoleonic Russians are completed! I wonder, perhaps, if this is one for Redbox to complement the lovely musketeers, jagers, grenadiers and guard/grenadiers that they released last year?

On the other hand, is this a bit too niche? It is simply a matter of using existing figures for the Seven Year's War (esp. Prussians?). I have purchased some Austrians to use as Sardinians—a perfect fit. Actually, producing more figures for the Austrian Succession/Seven Year's War may be a better bet? Lots of interesting troop types that could be produced to fill this gaping hole in the 1/72 market and figures that would have great potential for conversion and adaptation. I think that a good friend on this forum mentions this, on the odd occasion?!

Regards, James

Of course, I am mixing up hats later known as bicornes and tricornes aren't I?
Sorry!

Thanks for the great pictures of the upcoming Napoleonic they look great. I will also be buying the the desert sets as well.:laughing:

Dear James,

You're right too, Prussians can be used as Russian 1799 fusiliers, maybe by using the small mitre caps.

Let's see what will be Strelet's plans for the future ;)

Cheers,
Ale

Hi

welcome the high quality new figures, particularly the new Bavarians.

I would look forward to some Hungarian Hussars.

If Strelets are focusing on the Central European powers, I dont believe any other manufacturer has covered that important part of the Austro-Hungarian army and they would support the recent Austrian infantry sets

pity bout the spat at the start of this post, lets keep this forum civilised and welcoming to all nationalities please

cheers / salut / prost